Instant Pot Artichokes
This is a failproof way of cooking this vegetable – a great snack, appetizer, and main for pasta salads and soups.
- 3 artichokes
- 1 cup (237ml) water
Prepare, trim and wash the artichokes.
Add water into the Instant Pot insert and then set the steamer rack on the bottom.
Place artichokes on the steamer, put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position. Set to high pressure and select pressure cook / manual pressure for 14 minutes.
When done, perform a complete quick pressure release, open the lid, remove artichokes, and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with the dipping sauce of your choice.
- Do make sure to do a quick pressure release, otherwise the artichokes will overcook and turn to mush.
- Try and cook artichokes of the same size together so that they cook at the same rate.
- The artichoke is done when you can easily remove a petal without much pull. Test at the 25-minute mark and then test every few minutes until done.
- Do not eat the choke portion!
- Squeezing lemon juice of the prepared artichokes will slow down oxidization (aka stop them from changing color and looking unappealing).
- Without any dipping sauce, there are 0 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg