Sorrel Punch (Hibiscus Punch)
This Sorrel Punch recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
- 8 cups (1.89 L) water
- 2 cups (256g) dried sorrel
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp allspice berries
- 4 cloves
- orange peel
- 1 cup (236ml) White Jamaican Rum
- simple sugar syrup or maple syrup to sweeten
Boil water in a pot on the stove.
Add in sorrel, ginger, berries, cloves, orange peel and let steep for about 1 hr.
While mixture is steeping, make the sugar syrup.
Strain sorrel juice into a pitcher or jug and sweeten with sugar syrup, to taste.
Stir in the Jamaican rum.
Serve sorrel punch poured over ice and garnished with orange wedges.
Sorrel Punch Tips
- Want to make your hibiscus punch a deeper red? Simply use more sorrel.
- This recipe calls for dried hibiscus, but you can make this sorrel punch with fresh hibiscus too. Just note that the punch will be lighter in color.
- This is such a great make-ahead solution! Prep the hibiscus punch a day (or two) in advance and store in the fridge until needed.
- Easily create a kid-friendly version of sorrel punch by omitting the rum.
- Double (or triple) this recipe when you're entertaining a crowd.
Hibiscus Punch Weight Watchers Points
There are 3 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of this hibiscus punch.
More Jamaican Recipes
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 5mg