Watermelon Balsamic Roasted Berry Popsicles
Easy Watermelon Balsamic Roasted Berry Ice Lollies
- 1 lb (450g) mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, currants)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp maple syrup + extra for sweetening if required
- 6 bananas peeled
- 1 1/3 cup (300ml) cold orange juice
- 3.5 oz (100g) peeled cubed watermelon
Roast the Strawberries
Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 180 C / 200 C / 400F / gas 6.
Mix the berries with the balsamic vinegar and the maple syrup and transfer into a ceramic baking dish. Use a small dish so that the berries roast in their liquid (otherwise the liquid might evaporate and the berries dry out).
Roast for about 20 minutes, turning half way through, until the juices are bubbling and the berries start to turn darker.
Then remove the berries from the oven and allow to cool.
Make the Watermelon Popsicles
When cool, transfer the roasted berries and their juices along with all the other ingredients, including extra maple syrup if desired, into a blender and whizz until well combined.
Pour into a popsicle mold and freeze for 1 hour.
Then take out, add in the lolly sticks and freeze until solid.
Watermelon Popsicle Tips
- One tip here is to roast the berries and leave them in the fridge for a couple of days, so you can whip up the watermelon ice lollies whenever you want.
- If you don't have any ice pop molds, then simply use small paper cups (the expresso size ones are perfect) to freeze the berry popsicles.
- You can add lemon juice, lime juice or lime zest to your taste.
- Do not fill the popsicle molds to the top. Leave some space as the popsicles expand during freezing.
More Popsicle Recipes
If you are a fan of ice lollies, then why not check out these popsicles recipes below.
Peach Strawberry Popsicles.
Cauliflower Chocolate Popsicles.
Weight Watchers Points Balsamic Roasted Berry Lollies
- 3 Freestyle points per serving
- 1 PointsPluspoints per serving
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 37.1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 0.5mg