Crockpot Spaghetti Casserole
Make a delicious homemade pasta the whole family will love.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 6 slices of lean bacon cut up
- 2 X 28 oz (1.5l) pasta sauce 1.5l pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 -2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 10 basil leaves roughly torn
- 8 oz (225g) spaghetti cut into thirds
- 1 cup (125g) shredded mozzarella
Heat oil in a frying pan / skillet and add beef and bacon and cook until beef is browned. Drain any extra liquid from the meat and add it to the lightly oiled Crockpot insert.
Add in the rest of the ingredients up to the spaghetti into your Crockpot and mix.
Top with the mozzarella and cover and cook on low for 4-5 hrs. (Check after 4 hrs and if needs extra time then cook for a little longer.)
- Want to make homemade spaghetti sauce? Check out my crockpot spaghetti sauce recipe.
- Break the dry spaghetti into thirds. This will help the pasta fit in your crockpot.
- Slow Cooker temperatures may vary depending on your make and model.
- Use ground chicken instead of ground beef. The slow cooker spaghetti will be equally as flavourful with ground chicken.
- Vary the herbs. Feel free to use other seasoning like Tuscan seasoning or Greek seasoning instead.
- Add heat. Chipotle, red chili flakes and jalapenos work if you like some heat.
- Add toppings at the end - serve with shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, diced tomato, lime, fresh-made pico de gallo, Mexican rice, quinoa, black beans, or corn.
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2.5mg