This flavorful and fragrant Italian Seasoning Mix is quick and easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
Measure out all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Next, mix with a dry spatula or whisk.
Then transfer the seasoning into an airtight spice jar or a mason jar (if you make a large quantity).
Italian Spice Recipe Tips
- Mix up the salt. You can use pink Himalayan salt (I love this), Kosher salt, or even the regular table variety. BUT you would need to adjust the ratios of the ingredients you use.
- Vary spices. Feel free to add a teaspoon more or less of the ingredients to your taste. Add-ons I have used include dill and red chili flakes.
- Awesome rub. This makes an awesome rub and works great on meats and fish, which you can then cook up in a skillet, Instant Pot, Air Fryer or oven.
- Blend into a powder. If you prefer, you can add all the ingredients into a spice grinder and then blend into a powder.
- Make a big batch. Double or triple the recipe depending on how often you use this.
- Make a paste. Sometimes it is easier to mix the seasoning blend with some oil and make a paste before rubbing on meat, veggies, etc.
- Suitable for various diets. This is suitable for vegan, gluten-free, paleo, low carb, Keto, and Whole30 diets.
Recipes You Can Use This Seasoning Mix With
Weight Watchers Points
There are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in this Italian Seasoning Mix.
Calories: 5kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg