Savory Rhubarb Sauce
A simple savory rhubarb sauce.
Make The Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 large stalks of rhubarb thinly sliced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup depending on your taste
- 6 fresh basilleaves
Serve Rhubarb Sauce with pasta, grilled vegetables etc
Heat the olive oil in a pot and sautéed the onions and garlic for about 8 mins until softened.
Stir in the rhubarb, water, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and basil, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 mins until the rhubarb is completely broken down and the sauce has thickened.
Rhubarb Sauce With Honey Tips
- Cut your rhubarb into ½ inch pieces so they cook quicker.
- You can add a little more maple syrup (or honey) to your taste.
- If you prefer you can use lemon juice instead of balsamic vinegar to the sauce.
- If you want your rhubarb sauce to be chunkier cook for about 4-5 mins less.
- You can add other herbs like cilantro (fresh coriander), thyme as well as chili etc if you wish.
- You can change the water for some apple juice or pineapple juice to add some extra flavors.
- If you want a smoother rhubarb sauce, then you can simple blend it using an immersion blender to your taste.
- You can also add raisins and sultanas in when you are cooking the sauce.
What To Serve With Rhubarb Sauce
Want to know what to do with rhubarb sauce. Well serve it with these treats
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob.
Air Fryer Green Beans.
And if not vegan the you can serve
Instant Pot Chicken Breast.
Air Fryer Whole Chicken.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
Air Fryer Salmon.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 0.1mg