Instant Pot Goulash (Hungarian)
This easy Hungarian style goulash recipe is delicious and satisfying.
- 2 tablespoons oil or calorie-controlled cooking spray
- 2 pounds (900g) stewing beef cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 bell pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 cups (500mL) beef stock
- 1 cup finely sieved tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons almond flour made into a paste with 1 tablespoon of water
- salt to taste
- parsley for garnish
Select sauté, heat half the oil in Instant Pot insert and quickly brown the beef in batches, remove from insert and set aside.
Add remaining oil and sauté the onion and peppers until soft (about 5 minutes), switch off and quickly stir in the garlic, followed by the caraway seed and paprika.
Add the beef stock and thoroughly deglaze the pot.
Add in the rest of the ingredients, cover the pot, seal, select the stew setting and set the time to 25 minutes.
Allow for an NPR of 10 mins and then perform a QPR.
- Don’t overcook beef when browning.
- Feel free to add more paprika if you like.
- Add an extra 1- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock if you want a thinner soup.
- If you don't have dietary restrictions, feel free to use regular flour instead of almond flour.
- Try adding cubed potatoes or diced carrots during Step 4.
Weight Watchers Points
If you replace the oil used for frying with a calorie-controlled cooking spray, there are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 735mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2440IU | Vitamin C: 55.9mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 5.1mg