Delicious and crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts make the perfect side dish or snack without the use of the oven. With just 3 ingredients and a handful of minutes, it’s quick and easy to make these tasty air fried Brussel sprouts.
Suitable for Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Vegan and Whole30 diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
OK let me introduce you to my new fave thing. AKA these super crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. And I am 101% sure that they are going to be your new favorite thing too. #justsaying.
Yeap, cooking Brussel sprouts air fryer style is soooo simple. So much so that I made you a video showing you just how easy they are to make. And with only 3 ingredients too.
You get that I am super excited to share this Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe with you right? We looooooooove air fried Brussels sprouts over here. Okay, Okay, my family does.
My best friend, well I am still working to convince him. But he has assured me that if my next version involves lots of Parmesan cheese and crispy bacon, he is all in.
Why Cook Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Mini spiel time => Brussels sprouts get a bad rap. Some of my foodie friends even turn their noses up to this mini cabbage. Peeps, this isn’t your grandma’s Brussel sprout recipe. You know the kind that ends up overcooked and mushy with a weird taste. Nope, now that we can make Brussel sprouts in air fryer, they turn out perfect and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
I enjoy these as a snack but they’re such a great addition to your holiday and Thanksgiving spread. No fighting over precious oven space with the family like you’ve done in years past and everyone will loooooooooooooooove your Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
Sure, you can make Brussels sprouts in the oven, but I promise you they will not crisp up as much as they do in the air fryer. The outside of Air Fryer Brussels sprouts is nice and crunchy, and the inside stays perfectly tender. Not mushy like when it’s overdone in the oven. Plus you can free up some much-needed oven space for other dishes that will need it more.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
Ready to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts? Grab your ingredients and I’ll show you how…….
How To Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Step-by-step
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F / 180C.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl, spray with calorie-controlled cooking spray, add salt and black pepper and mix until well coated.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket and fry between 8-12 mins. Shake half way when cooking.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Tips
- Don’t core the Brussels sprouts. You will simply cut the stem end to be flat and remove any discolored leaves before cooking in the air fryer.
- You can add any spices you’d like. I’m a big fan of Brussels sprouts so salt and pepper is all I need but you can add any kind of spices you have in your pantry. When I am snacking on my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts I love to add a little heat with cayenne and red pepper flakes.
- Fresh Brussels sprouts will give you the best results. I wouldn’t recommend using frozen for this recipe.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe With Bacon
Oh yes, you can make this Air Fryer Brussels sprouts recipe with bacon. All that’s needed is to simply add bacon strips in with the Brussels sprouts at the start and you are good to go. Because bacon really does make everything better.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts With Parmesan
Of course you can make Air Fryer Brussels sprouts with Parmesan. Fry the Brussels sprouts as normal, take them out of the Air Fryer and sprinkle on some grated Parmesan (and herbs) to your taste.
Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels sprouts with Balsamic vinegar is such a great variation. Air fry the Brussels sprouts as directed in this recipe, then remove and drizzle on some balsamic vinegar and maple syrup before serving. Delectable!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- This Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe is versatile. My recipe is simple and calls for a little bit of oil to fry in and salt and pepper to taste but Brussels sprouts in the air fryer can take on almost any flavor you wish. From spicy Brussels sprouts for a snack or adding a little garlic powder to complement your main dish, these Air Fryer Brussels sprouts will be sooooooooo tasty and crispy.
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are a great way to get your family to eat their veggies. I get my mini chefs to devour every last bite of the Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts without any guilt over them eating a plate full of fried food.
- 4 ingredients. That’s it. Recipes that only use a few ingredients that I have on hand are my favorite kind. Sure I can customize how I please, but simple salt and pepper with a quick spritz of calorie-controlled cooking spray (or olive oil if not following a particular eating plan) and your Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts will come out perfect. If you’re making this dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas add in nuts, Balsamic vinegar, or pomegranates for that holiday taste everyone loves.
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts for the Air Fryer
I highly recommend buying a stalk of Brussels sprouts when you’re at the market. The freshest Brussel sprouts will give you the best crisp and the best flavor. Don’t be intimidated by the stalk. You won’t need a knife to remove the Brussels sprouts from the stalk. Push them downwards and they should pop out. Remove any loose or discolored leaves.
If buying on the stalk isn’t an option you can find them in a bag which will work great for cooking Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. However, I do not recommend frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe.
Brussels Sprouts Nutrition
Brussel Sprouts are low in calories but high in protein. And just one serving of Brussels sprouts can give you your daily dose of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. In addition, Brussels sprouts are also rich in phytochemicals which studies have shown many help protect against cancer.
Is the Air Fryer Better than the Oven?
Now let’s talk about fried Brussels sprouts. I know when you hear the word “fried” you’re immediately turned off. Who can eat “fried” food all the time? Folks, you can add Brussels sprouts in the air fryer to the guilt free eating list. Seriously.
Don’t use more than 2 tbsp of oil in your air fryer when “frying” anything which is great for your waistline. Even better, use just a light spray with the program-approved cooking spray of your choice.
The air fryer uses a power fan to move air throughout while cooking your food. The air fryer is quicker than the convection oven and will crisp your food faster and better than the oven.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Recipe
No air fryer? No problem. You can make Brussel sprouts in the Instant Pot and still not turn on the oven! Check out my Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts recipe.
Air Fried Brussel Sprouts Weight Watchers Points
When using a calorie-controlled cooking spray, a serving of Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts contains 0 (yeap, zero!) Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe Video
Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes
More Easy Vegan Recipes
Thank you for reading my Brussel Sprouts in the air fryer recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb (450g) Brussels sprouts stems cut up and halved and any loose leaves removed
- Calorie-controlled cooking spray
- Black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F / 180C.
- Place Brussels sprouts into a bowl, spray with cooking spray, add salt and black pepper and mix until well coated.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket and fry between 8-12 mins, removing and shaking the basket a couple of times when cooking for even crisping.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Air fryers vary in temperature so start with the lowest cooking time and go from there.
- Add any spices you wish.
- Fresh Brussels sprouts will give you the crispiest results.