Oven or Air Fryer Easy Pasta Sauce
This is an easy homemade tomato sauce that is bursting with flavor!
Easy Pasta Sauce Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs (680g) tomatoes (the sweetest tomatoes you have), halved or quartered, depending on size.
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice (ground pimento), or to taste.
- 2 green onions (spring onions), finely sliced.
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup use 2 tsp for a sweeter sauce
How To Make Easy Pasta Sauce In The Air Fryer
Preheat your Air Fryer to 350F / 180C and get your Air Fryer cake barrel pan ready.
Place tomatoes on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to quarter them (If large) or slice in half (if small).
Add tomatoes to a mixing bowl and stir in the ground allspice (pimento), dried oregano, and salt.
Transfer the tomatoes to the cake barrel pan and place in the preheated Air Fryer.
Cook for 18 minutes, stirring them a couple of times during roasting.
About 3 minutes before cook time ends, add in finely chopped green onions and balsamic vinegar and stir.
When done, remove the cake barrel pan from the Air Fryer, let cool, and then blend the sauce to your desired chunkiness/smoothness using an immersion blender. Or you can just mash with a fork.
How To Make Easy Pasta Sauce In The Oven
Chef's tip: the oven version will need a little oil.
Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C.
Place tomatoes on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to quarter (if large) or slice in half (if small).
Add tomatoes to a mixing bowl and stir in the ground allspice (pimento), dried oregano and salt.
Transfer the tomatoes to a small lightly oiled skillet and place in the preheated oven.
Cook for 30 minutes, stirring them a couple of times during roasting.
About 10 minutes before cook time ends, add in finely chopped green onions and maple syrup and then stir.
When done, remove from the oven, let cool and then blend the sauce to your desired chunkiness/smoothness using an immersion blender. Or you can just mash it with a fork.
Roasted Tomato Recipe Tips
- To make the best Air Fryer Tomato Sauce, make sure to blend to your desired consistency. If you like more of a chunky sauce, blend your ingredients a little less.
- You want the tomatoes to cook at the same rate, so make sure that you cut them to the same size.
- Add a pinch of chili for a little bit of heat and oomph.
- Serve it over pasta or polenta.
- Use it to make an Instant Pot Meatball or sausage pasta dish.
- Serve it over these creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes or Instant Pot Meatloaf.
- I love it over Smoked Chicken Breast or juicy Instant Pot Pork Chops.
Weight Watchers Points
Good news, myWW folks! A serving of this easy tomato sauce contains 0 SmartPoints.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1477IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg