Easy Mango Pineapple Salsa
Zesty and colorful mango pineapple salsa is a serving of summer in a bowl!
- 2 cups (450g) fresh pineapple finely chopped (about 1 small to medium pineapple)
- 1 cup (165g) mango finely chopped ( about 1 large mango)
- 1 bell pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 3 green onions spring onions, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt flakes to taste
- juice of 1 - 2 limes
Add all the ingredients, including only half the lime juice, into a mixing bowl.
Mix, test seasoning, and add more lime or salt to taste.
Let the Mango Pineapple salsa rest for at least 1 hour, and up to 2 days in the fridge, before serving.
Pineapple Mango Salsa Tips
- Choose the ripest juiciest mango and pineapple for the tastiest salsa.
- Ideally, you want the salsa to chill for at least 1 hour before serving for the flavors to blend together well. I am too impatient to wait that long so eat it straight away.
- Chop all the veggies the same size.
- But chop the onion much, much smaller.
- You can use lemon juice instead of lime juice if you prefer.
Mango Pineapple Salsa Recipe Variations
- Ripe papaya
- Sweet corn kernels
- Smoky chipotle paste
- Garlic purée (garlic paste)
- Feta cheese (if not vegan)
- Serve it as part of a Mexican feast with Instant Pot Mexican Grilled Corn On The Cob, Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp or Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas.
- Surround with crunchy tortilla chips and serve as a colorful party appetizer.
- Serve on top of tacos like these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos and Air Fryer Chickpea Tacos.
- Or do what I do and eat it out straight out of the bowl with a spoon – hiding in the pantry whilst doing so is entirely optional, but highly recommended.
Weight Watchers Points
One serving of Mango Pineapple Salsa contains ZERO Blue Plan SmartPoints.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1716IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg