This spiced orange mulled wine recipe makes the perfect Christmas drink.
I actually fell in foodie love with mulled wine last Christmas. My sister came to visit from Keyna and had never had mulled wine. So cue lots and lots of experimenting with orange mulled wine, cinnamon mulled wine, Cherry mulled wine and even apple mulled wine. If you can mull it, we tried it. Oh happy, happy days.
Whilst she is not coming to visit this year, I will keep up the tradition of experiment with more mulled wine recipes. However, I know for a fact that this Christmas eve I will be serving up my orange mulled wine along with a pistachio, feta and pomegranate crostini or two.
And to make my life easier I will be making it in my Multicooker Redmond. It is simple a case of putting all the wine, orange juice and mulling spices in the Multicooker and pressing cook. 20 mins later and out comes a rather delicious and moresih orange mulled wine. Even better it that the Multicooker will keep the mulled wine warm till you are ready to serve it (if you can wait for longer than 5 mins then you are stronger than me……).
Here is my recipe for mulled wine. I hope you have as much fun trying it out as I did. And merry almost Christmas.
And it is not too late to get yourself or your friends a Multicooker Redmond. It would make a great Christmas present.
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 500ml (2 cups) orange juice
- 150g (5.3oz) sugar
- 1 Clementine sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 10 cardamom pods split
- Clementine slices and cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Switch the Multicooker Redmond on, add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Close the lid, select multicook, set the temperature for 80C and set the time for 20 mins.
- Cook until the programme finishes, cancel the keep warm function and serve the wine with plenty of clementine slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish.