Last week I was faced with a rather tough decision. The sensible part of me knew I HAD to sit down and finally do that pesky tax return. The overexcited, foodie part of me knew I just HAD to drop everything and make these pistachio bailey shortbread cookies with a chocolate baileys glaze all completed with some pistachio dust. Guess which part won?
I mean, it is Baileys pistachio shortbread cookies with a chocolate Baileys glaze. Do I need to say any more. They are buttery, crumbly, the right amount of sweet, with bites of pistachio and a baileys flavour in every little mouthful. These are going to be one of my go to treats for Christmas, Valentine’s Day and many other celebrations.
You know what? I think I will just make myself another batch of these shortbread cookies along some warming chai tea, lock myself away for a couple of hours, loose myself in excel spread sheets, invoices and get a handle on that tax return.
Happy almost Christmas.
For other recipes with Baileys pleace check out my baked Bailey doughnuts with a Baileys glaze, Baileys fudge from Foodie Quine, Baileys salted caramel and fudge cream pie from Munchies and Munchkins, Baileys marbled chocolate ice cream from Tin and Thyme and Oreo and Caramel Cheesecake from Tinned Tomatoes.
More Shortbread Recipes
Get The Pistachio Baileys Shortbread With A Chocolate Baileys Glaze Recipe
- 250 g (8.8oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g (3.5oz) caster sugar
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 4 tbsp Baileys
- 250 g (8.8oz) plain flour
- 125 g (4.4oz) rice flour
- 5 tbsp pistachios roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp ground mixed spice
- pistachio dust
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp baileys
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream together using an electric hand mixer till the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the orange juice and Baileys. Then add in the flours, chopped pistachios, salt and mixed spice and mix until you get a soft dough. If the dough is a little bit sticky then add in a tbsp or two of flour.
- Split the dough into two and shape each one into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1hr minimum.
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 150C / 170C / 325F / gas 3.
- Take the first disc of dough from the fridge, roll it out on a lightly floured surface till it is about 5mm thick and then cut into your desired shapes (I use a 6cm diameter cutter) and lay on a lined baking sheet. Quickly scoop up the excess of dough re shape roll out and cut again. Repeat with the second disc of dough. You can freeze some of the cut shortbread at this stage.
- Bake the shortbread for about 12 mins until they are lightly golden.
- Let the shortbread cool on the tray for about 10 mins before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by melting the chocolate and mixing in the bailey.
- Dip half of each shortbread cookie into the chocolate Baileys mix, let the excess chocolate drip off, sprinkle on some pistachio dust and let the chocolate harden.
- Then dig right in.