This Maple Apple Whisky Sour Cocktail offers a fun fall/autumn twist to a classic Whisky Sour and is whipped up with just 5 ingredients. No special equipment is needed. It will make the perfect addition to any drinks or supper gathering. Suitable for Gluten-Free and Vegan diets.
Because it is autumn and fall and now more than ever we need long easy suppers to catch up, share good food and drink and generally avoid thinking about the changing weather. Enter this brand new Maple Apple Whisky Sour Cocktail. Or should that be a Thyme Maple Apple Whiskey Sour? You get the flavour point though, right?
So this Maple Apple Whisky Sour Cocktail Has
- Apple juice
- Lime juice
- Maple syrup
- Fresh thyme
- With extras like apple and lime slices (I know, I know, but they make it look so pretty)
What I love about this maple apple whisky sour is that it is super quick to make. It is a whisky sour without a shaker so needs only everyday equipment so easy to whip up. Plus, it comes seasonal flavours that celebrate autumn and winter. The apple juice adds a light fruitiness to the cocktail whilst the fresh thyme infuses a gorgeous citrusy aromatic scent and taste.
The rich caramel tones of the maple syrup are the perfect finish to this. This drink is a great to twist to a classic whisky Sour, is easy multiplied up and pairs well with several food types, so will make the perfect addition to any supper gathering.
I am about to host a surprise birthday supper for Freddy (here is hope he is not reading this), and will be pairing this cocktail with lots of easy fall salads, light pastry bites and apple and pear fruit desserts. My aim is to focus on easy foods and cocktails that can be prepared before the guests arrive, so I can spend more time chatting and less time cooking during the day. #brunchgoals.
I think I am already sorted on the menu, the only thing left is the birthday present itself. Cue some panic shopping tomorrow morning…
Whisky Sour Cocktail Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
A quick list of items you will need to make this recipe.
How To Make Apple Maple Whisky Sour
- Step 1. Mix the whisky, apple juice, lime juice and maple syrup in a pitcher.
- Step 2. Then add in the thyme and let infuse for 5 mins.
- Step 3. Fill 2 glasses with some ice and pour in the maple apple whisky sour.
- Step 4. Garnish with extra apple slices, lime slices and thyme sprigs before serving.
Whisky Sour With Honey
If you prefer to make this a whisky sour with honey then just swap out the maple syrup for some honey instead. Be aware though that it will not be a vegan drink any more.
Whisky Sour With Simple Syrup
Want to make this a whisky sour with simple syrup. Easy peasy. Make your simple syrup and then use it instead of the maple syrup.
More Cocktail Recipes
Thank you for reading my thyme maple apple whiskey sour recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for reading Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Maple Apple Whisky Sour Cocktail Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Maple Apple Whisky Sour! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Maple Apple Whisky Sour
- 50 ml (0.2 cup) whisky I used Johnnie Walker® Red Label® Blended Scotch Whisky
- 240 ml (1 cup) apple juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 thyme sprigs
- To garnish – apple slices lime slices and extra thyme sprigs
- Mix the whisky, apple juice, lime juice and maple syrup in a jug.
- Then add in the thyme and let infuse for 5 mins.
- Fill 2 glasses with some ice and pour in the maple apple whisky sour.
- Garnish with extra apple slices, lime slices and thyme springs before serving.