When life gives you rhubarb….
….. make chutney.
Pots and pots and pots of fragrant cardamom and ginger spiced apricot rhubarb chutney.
So much so that;
OH’s cheese and chutney sandwiches are covered for 2 months
plus 6 birthdays (string sorted and tags already written out)
and one pot to just bury my face in
plus enough still left over to feed a small African nation.
Just love it.
Hope you love this chutney recipe too.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Cardamom Spiced Apricot and Rhubarb Chutney! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Cardamom Spiced Apricot and Rhubarb Chutney
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 400 g (14oz) soft light brown sugar
- 1 large red onion peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes optional
- Zest of one lemon
- 90 g (3oz) soft dried apricots chopped
- 1 kg (35 1/4 oz) rhubarb chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally until nice and thick.
- You can serve this chutney immediately and store in the fridge for up to a month.
- Or transfer into sterlised jars until needed.
- This makes approximately 1 kg of chutney.