Donuts don’t come better than this Raspberry Glazed Donut Recipe. They are simply irresistible and made in only a few easy steps and healthier because they are baked. Come on over let me show you how.
Let’s whip up this glazed donut recipe. Because we like raspberries and we like donuts and there is nothing better than combining the two into one awesome dessert for everyone.
Actually, scoffing one raspberry glazed donut, whilst watching back to back episodes of Dr Jackson Avery, erm I totally mean Grey’s Anatomy, will definitely beat that. Now that might be an idea for next weekend…….
Valentine’s Day dessert, donut day (if there isn’t one there should be), impress your date day, and me time moments (Grey’s Anatomy) all sorted. I got your back.
Plus, can I say the gorgeous pinkish colour of the donut glaze, esp with the dried raspberry pieces sprinkled one, make them almost too pretty to eat. I did say almost………..
So these are baked donuts instead of the more traditional fried donuts Baked doughnuts are super easy to make. Like once you make them once, you get addicted to them. Best thing is that they are lighter on the calories as there is no frying involved
Glazed Donut Recipe Steps
Step 1. Mix together the dry ingredients aka flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Step 2. In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients aka your raspberry juice, buttermilk, butter and egg.
Step 3. Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together, spoon the batter into prepared donut cups and bake till done.
To make the Raspberry Glaze
Simply mix together the icing sugar with 1 tbsp of raspberry juice at a time till you get the glaze consistency that you like.
All the dipping……
Tips For Making Homemade Glazed Donuts
- Use a silicon donut tray – it will make life much easier when you come to remove the donuts
- If using a metal tray, make sure you grease and flour your donut pan very well so that it is easier to remove them
- Fill the donuts tray only three-quarters full, so you leave room for the donuts to rise during baking.
- Use a piping bag to add the batter to the donut tray. I actually use a spoon and that is a little bit trickier.
- Don’t overcook the donuts, test them about a min before the recipe calls for and if you prefer them to cook a bit longer then, a couple of mins after you put them back into the oven.
- You can substitute other berries juices here, strawberries, blueberries etc according to your taste
- For a thicker glaze use less juice to icing sugar and for a thinner glaze use more liquid to icing sugar.
Anyway, enough chat from me guys. You really ought to make these baked raspberry glazed donuts. And don’t skip the awesome raspberry pieces on the glaze. So, so worth it.
For More Doughnut Recipes.
Here is how to make this Glazed Donut Recipe. Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Thank you for reading my Rasberry Glazed Donuts recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Raspberry Glazed Donuts! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Raspberry Glazed Donuts
For the donuts
- 140 g plain flour
- 70 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp raspberry juice
- 2 tbsp melted butter cooled
- tbsp freeze dried raspberries optional
For the raspberry glaze:
- 150 g icing sugar sifted powdered
- 3 tbsp raspberry juice
- 2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- Make the donuts
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil two 6 cup doughnut trays.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg and raspberry juice before adding in the cooled melted butter and freeze dried raspberries if using.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Using a spoon, add the batter into 8 doughnut cups until they are three quarters full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 15 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan before transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze
- Make the glaze when the doughnuts are cool. Add the icing sugar and 1 tbsp of raspberry into a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add another tbsp of raspberries as necessary so you end up with a thick but dip-able glaze.
- Assemble the donuts
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze and allow the glaze, sprinkle on some freeze dried raspberries to set for 15 mins before serving.
Karen @ Seasonal Cravings
I lOVE this idea for Valentine’s Day. Who needs chocolates when you can have these beauties? I just recently discovered dried raspberries and they are so pretty. What a special treat!
This is an amazing recipe. Every evening I used to have it as a snack. I love Glazed Donut.
The glaze makes me wanna make these every day
Huge donut fan here. Love how vibrant and fun the glaze is! Such a fantastic sweet treat!
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
My husband loves donuts but we’ve never tried making them! This looks delicious!
I just got my silicone donut tray and this donut will be my first recipe to tackle this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Meymi-Pastry and Beyond
Looks so yummy! Love these pinkish raspberry glazed healthier donuts!
This glaze is gorgeous. I love the Valentine’s vibe going on with these donuts.
I know right? It is soooo pretty.