Like all recipes this courgette, yoghurt and mint dip came about from a simple thought process. I have waaaaaay too many lovely courgettes (zucchinis) – tick. I have tons of mint – tick. As for Greek yoghurt……….. you kinda get the gist.
This is a light and refreshing dip that will help use up your summer squash bounty. To make it a bit thinner add in more yoghurt and olive oil and to make it sharper add in more lemon. I have since come across versions of this at barbeques and Middle Eastern restaurants that include cumin or tahini etc.
I hope you get to try this and leave me a comment below to tell me what variations of this you have come across or what spices you like in yours.
This is the second recipe in my pantry staple spotlight on courgettes – be sure to check the others out.
Courgette, Yoghurt and Mint Dip
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium courgettes zucchinis sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 25 mint leaves
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) yoghurt
- 2-4 tsp lemon juice
- Heat frying pan with one tbsp of olive oil.
- Add courgette and garlic to frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry for about 10 mins till courgettes are soft and starting to brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Then transfer mix to food processor adding in yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Puree to desired consistency and adjust seasoning.
- You can easily add in extra yoghurt, olive oil or more lemon depending on your taste.
- Transfer to serving container and drizzle on some olive oil, garnish with mint leaves and enjoy.