West African recipe / Sierra Leonean Recipe – easy grilled fish tacos with guava salsa.
Bringing you an easy West African recipe today. These grilled fish tacos take me back to warm Sierra Leonean evenings, drinking cold ginger beer, piling guava salsa on grilled fish straight off the barbeque and catching up about this and that. Oh those days.
I have tried to recreate these healthy fish tacos here, using corn tacos instead of the Mediterranean bread wraps we would have used. But feel free to use whatever you have available in your pantry. It is all good.
Instead of taco sauce I have used a simple guava salsa to add some spice to wraps. Use the quantities of ingredients for the salsa as a guideline only as it depends on the size of the guavas, how ripe they are etc. Add more or less lemon and olive oil to your taste.
I hope you like these. I certainly do.
More African Tacos
Sierra Leone flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and West African fusion recipes.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled Fish Tacos with Guava Salsa - Sierra Leone Flavours! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Guava Salsa - Sierra Leone Flavours
For the grilled fish:
- 400 g (14oz) white fish fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped corinader (cilantro)
- 2 tsp chopped mild chilli (or to taste)
For the guava salsa:
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 sweet guavas - cored and finely cubed
- 4 spring onions (scallions) sliced
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tsp mild chopped chilli
- Add fish to a glass bowl, mix all the ingredients of the marinade together, pour over the fish and allow to marinate for 30 mins.
- Mix all the ingredients of the guava salsa together and let stand for 30 mins.
- Preheat the grill and grill the fish for about 4 mins on each side until cooked through.
- Flake fish and split evenly unto the tacos and top with guava salsa.
- Feel free to add extras like add extra like shredded cabbage, avocado etc.