Years ago, Freddy and I used to go on short breaks a lot. Yeah, those of you who have kiddoes get what I am saying right? I have such fond memories of those trips. We would spend one day wondering up and down tiny, tiny streets, lost amongst throngs of other visitors, hunting out both historical and personal treasures. And grin like fools when we find some.
Then we would spend the next day climbing up hills (or rather Freddy trying to climb, and me being grumpily pulled along thinking why we did not just stay on the nice flat streets) seeking out little coves, good views and trying to get away from the crowds in lovely hidden sunny picnic spots. We would then eat and bask in the sun with a couple of good books.
But best of all, would be the moments when we would stumble back home, after having got as many ingredients as we could and throw together an impromptu meal, lead only by our likes, our taste and our eyes. Oh, the memories.
These herb loaded beef burgers were dreamt up during one such trip and they were so good that the basic idea stuck with me ever since. I have worked them up into an actual recipe now.
I have given you a baseline with the amount of meats and herbs. But it is pretty flexible and you can add more herbs or a different proportion of herbs to your likening. And a few spices too. Test to your heart’s content and make them into your very own burger.
How to Make These Herb Loaded Beef Burgers Keto or Paleo
To make these burgers keto or Paleo, simply omit the bun. Each bunless burger has 3g (net) carbs per serving.
Weight Watchers Points in Herb Loaded Beef Burgers
If you omit the bun and use a calorie-controlled cooking spray for frying, there are 12 Weight Watchers Freestyle points per serving.
More Burger Recipes
Pork Burgers from A Cedar Spoon.
So guys enough chat right? Here is how to make these gluten-free herb loaded beef burgers.
Thank you for reading this herb loaded beef burgers recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, African recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
GET THE HERB LOADED BEEF BURGERS RECIPE:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Herb Loaded Beef Burgers! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Herb Loaded Beef Burgers
- 600 g of beef mince
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1.5 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1 egg beaten
- Black pepper
- Oil for frying
- To serve
- 4 gluten-free burger buns
- Toppings of your choice
- Fire up the barbeque and wait till the coals are medium hot.
- Place the beef mince in a bowl and break up any clumps.
- Whiz the onion and garlic into a paste and add to the mince along with the parsley, coriander, basil, egg, salt and black pepper and mix everything together. Don't over mix.
- Divide the burger mix into 4 and mould each portion into a burger shape - make them as thick or as thin as you like.
- Brush the grill with some olive oil.
- Burger cooking time depends on how rare you like your burger. As a rough guide cook your burger for 2-3 mins and then flip and cook for another 2-3 mins and test it. Then keep cooking and testing till the burgers are as well-cooked as you like. Assemble the burgers by putting them in the buns and adding topping of choice.