Eat this herbed quinoa salad for the perfect taste of summer. Suitable for Vegan and Gluten Free Diets. Post Includes Weight Watchers points.
A few weeks ago, I was convinced that summer had finally hit the UK. We had something like three whole days of sunshine in a row. Yeap three whole days is a pretty good sign right?
So yes you guessed it, we hit the BBQ, the beach, we indulged in ice lollies, we went for walks AND I even laid out on the sun lounger and read and entire book in the sun. Coming from an African, this is a pretty big deal. Yes, I was in full on summer mode. For a WHOLE THREE days. You can see how this story is going to end right?
Yeap, rain the whole week after that including on the Miss N’s sports day. Oh the fun of watching sports, in the chilly drizzle, on a soggy muddy field. Kids loved it though.
Luckily, the British weather has nothing on my determination to pretend that it is the summer. So I have been indulging in my summer time herby quinoa salad. It is simply quinoa chockablock full of fresh herbs, vegetables like cucumber, radishes and sweet peppers, all drizzled with some balsamic vinaigrette.
Honest, I eat this herbed quinoa salad, I close my eyes and I see and feel the sun in my mind. At the end of the day that is all that matters.
Weight Watchers Points in Summer Herbed Quinoa Salad
There are just 4 Freestyle Points in a serving of herbed quinoa salad.
More Grain Salad Recipes
For more grain salad ideas check out this chorizo, pumpkin and spinach giant couscous salad from Kavey Eats, barley salad from Foodie Quine, quinoa and watercress salad from Tin and Thyme and a warm rice and quinoa salad with pan frief tofu from FabFood4All.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try A Summer Herbed Quinoa Salad! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
A Summer Herbed Quinoa Salad
- 150 g (1 cup) quinoa
- 8 cherry tomatoes quatered
- 6 radishes chopped
- ½ red pepper bell, deseeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions scallions, sliced
- Half of a small cucumber deseeded and chopped
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 1 handful of chopped rocket arugula
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions, let cool and transfer to the salad bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients (except the dressing) to the quinoa and mix.
- Add salad dressing to your taste, mix and serve alongside other summer goodies.