This caffeine free lemon iced tea is easy and perfect for a picnic, bbq or just brunch.
I knew I liked iced tea before I even knew what iced tea was.
It was a Sierra Leonean thing. Basically, I would store all my pots of leftover lemon / lime tea in the fridge to avoid encouraging all the insects that popped up whenever I left food lying around.
Somewhere along the line, I realised that this cold tea, chock-a-block with ice, made hot days so much better. And my ‘col tea’ was born.
Iced Tea Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
A quick list of items you will need to make this Iced Tea.
- This lovely pitcher is just perfect for serving your iced tea in.
- Serve your Iced Tea in my favourite Mason Jars or these more colourful ones.
- Some measuring jugs or cups will be handy too.
- Don’t forget a fun lemon juicer.
- This ice cube tray makes the perfect sized ice cubes for your drink.
Why not check out a few more fun jar options below.
I generally like my black tea mild. Plus I drink lots of ice tea over the summer months. So I use the caffeine free rooibos (redbush) tea when making this. Of course, you can use other black teas but you might want to start with fewer tea bags and adjust as you go along.
More Drinks Recipes
For more drink recipes why not try these below :
Keto Iced Tea Lemonade via Dr Davinah’s Eats.
Oh and this caffeine free lemon ice tea goes perfectly with some honey roasted cashew nuts.
Sierra Leone flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and West African fusion recipes.
First published July 2015.
Get The Caffeine Free Lemon Iced Tea Recipe :
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Caffeine Free Lemon Iced Tea - Sierra Leone Flavours! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Caffeine Free Lemon Iced Tea - Sierra Leone Flavours
- 6 rooibos tea bags (red bush)
- 1 1 L (4 cups) just boiled water
- 3 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Lime slices
- Lemon slices
- Place the teabags in heatproof jug and pour in the just boiled water, let steep for 10 mins before discarding the tea bags.
- Stir the honey into the warm tea and set aside to cool.
- Mix in the lemon juice to your taste and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Fill the glasses with ice, pour in the tea and garnish with lime and lemon slices and mint.