Easter recipe – Crème Egg, Peanut Butter and Nutella Cake With A Nutella Icing.
Ok so introducing you all to the awesomeness that is this Nutella peanut butter crème egg cake, with a Nutella icing. Ok, I admit it. I might have gone a teeny weeny bit overboard with the flavours. But you get why right? I mean there is Cardbury Crème Egg, and there is Nutella, and then there is peanut butter – all in one ‘totally worthy of face planting’ cake. Just the Easter recipe that you need.
Plus, the icing bit is super easy. Seriously, bung your jar of Nutella in the microwave for about 45 seconds and you get the perfectly spreadable Nutella. No need to mess around making any extra icing. And it is easy to use both the large crème eggs and the smaller colourful mini eggs to create a really nice topping.
So a few tips to make you cake making smoother:
- Microwave the Nutella to make it easier to mix in the cake or spread as icing.
- Microwave the peanut butter too to make it easier to mix in.
- If you prefer you can replace the peanut butter with extra Nutella.
- Keep the crème egg in the fridge or even freezer for a couple of hours beforehand to make it easier to cut.
- Feel free to chop up a few crème eggs and add them to the Nutella frosting in the middle of the cake.
Now please be nice to little old over excited me. Make this creme egg Nutella cake for Easter, send it to your friends so that they can make it too. Then come back and share all your images with me on Instagram or Facebook.
Ps if you need some more crème egg and Easter recipe inspiration then do check out these other recipes below. I’ve got your back.
PPS – this is the first post in my pantry staple spotlight on Creme Eggs. Please be sure to check the other recipe out.
Other Creme Egg recipes to inspire you – Cream Egg cheesecake from Taming Twins, Creme Egg marshmallow brioche toast from Penne For Your Thougths, Creme Egg Chocolate mug cake from My Fussy Eater, Creme Egg choclate ganache tart from BakingQueen74, white chocolate and Cardbury Creme Egg tart from the Foodie Couple Blog and the Creme Egg meringue nests from Emily’s Recipes and Reviews.
- For the Creme egg, peanut butter and Nutella cake:
- 100g butter, softened
- 75g Nutella, softened
- 25g smooth peanut butter, softened
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½tsp baking powder
- Icing and decorating:
- 6 tbsp Nutella, softened
- Crème eggs
- Mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C/ 350F/ gas 4 and line and lightly oil two 9inch cake tins.
- Add all the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until combined.
- Split cake batter evenly between the two prepared tins and bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- Quickly warm the Nutella for about 30-45 sec in the microwave spread some on the base cake, sandwich the two cakes together and spread some more on the top.
- Decorate the cake with crème eggs (some split), mini eggs and flowers.