Can you drop everything and make these Bacon Nutella Waffles?
These waffles are all the great things about breakfast combined in one. Yes bacon + Nutella + waffles = the best /perfect / most awesome / chocolatey / bacony / insert any happy foodie word in here breakfast.
Don’t get me wrong I still adore these orange and thyme waffle with blueberry compote and these gluten-free vanilla buckwheat waffles with maple pineapple but, for the next few weeks all my waffle love is taken up by these Nutella and bacon waffles.
Oh and just incase you were wondering, you can never have too many stuffed Bacon Nutella Waffles. I know this because I ate every single one of the waffles you see pictured here. And then lay around in a happy chocolatey bacony haze just counting down the mins until the next set of waffles came out of the waffle maker.
That is the only recommendation you need right? I see you stopping reading now and running off to make these and I get why.
One thing that makes these waffles is the bacon. There is bacon and then there is spoiltpig bacon. Tasty, British bacon from spoilt outdoor reared pigs. Yeap, the pigs are born and bred outside before moving into some rather airy straw barns. All this means super high-quality bacon, as in the best you can find anywhere. Now put that great tasting bacon right next to some melty Nutella in some fluffy pancaky waffles, and you got the goods right there.
These bacon Nutella stuffed waffles are good to eat all day and every day. But I imagine that they are even better served over the Easter weekend when you are surrounded by extended family and friends catching up, laughing, playing, gossiping, Easter egg hunting, Easter hare nest making and generally just because. Heck, I would be tempted to add in a few of those leftover chocolate eggs – I mean things can only get more awesome, right?
I even made a little video to show you how easy it is to make these waffles. I might have also had a cunning plan that at the end of the video you would drop everything to make these waffles. Did it work??
Bacon and Nutella stuffed waffles video.
This post is sponsored by some really lovely folk. Thank you for supporting them, as they make it possible for me to continue dreaming up recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Opinions as always, are my own.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 slices of unsmoked bacon, diced I used spoiltpig bacon
- 450 ml (1.9 cups) milk
- 100 g (4.4oz) unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g (10.5oz) self-raising flour
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the bacon till done. Remove the bacon and set aside somewhere warm.
- Whisk together milk, butter and eggs and vanilla and set aside.
- Add flour into a large bowl and make a hole in the middle.
- Slowly whisk the milk mixture into the flour to make a batter and don't worry if there are some lumps.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffles maker instructions until all the waffle batter is finished and set aside somewhere warm.
- Cut each waffle in half, spread some Nutella on one half, top with some bacon and the second half. Repeat till all the waffles are done.
- Then flatten the waffles a bit and return to the waffle maker and cook for a further minute till the Nutella is all melty. Repeat till all the waffles are cooked.
- Serve warm.