These healthier Air Fryer Pork Chops are crispy on the outside, yet deliciously tender and juicy on the inside. And so much faster than cooking in the oven or on the stovetop!
(GF, LC, K)
Suitable for Keto, Gluten Free, and Low Carb diets. Post Includes Weight Watchers points.
This delectable Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe is easy to throw together in just a few minutes. As in season them, throw them in the air fryer and 9 quick minutes later you end up with two perfectly golden pork chops ready to serve. It is a great recipe to make for dinner tonight.
Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
These juicy pork chops, made from basic pantry ingredients are something special. Because unlike deep-frying and baking, when you air fry pork chops, it actually makes the outside crispier, yet the insides stays super moist.
The flavorful crispy breading is a combination of almond flour (or plain flour), creole seasoning and Parmesan cheese. But you can use other seasonings to your taste.
It is a great main course recipe that can be served with a salad or cauliflower to keep it low carb or rice and potatoes and more.
Why Make This Recipe
- They cook perfectly – crispy on the outside, yet the inside stays super moist.
- They are made from affordable and simple pantry stapes.
- meal prep-friendly – prep ahead for quick cooking or quick week night suppers or family lunches.
- Perfect for serving up at your big Mardi Gras celebration meal, these best pork chops are everything that delicious pork chops should be.
- Pork Chops – This recipe calls for boneless chops but you can use bone in pork chops. Whilst this recipe uses medium chops you can use thick cut chops but you would have to adjust cook time. Thinner chops would cook too quickly.
- Flour – Use all purpose flour or almond flour (if low carb).
- Seasoning – paprika, creole or cajun seasoning and Italian seasoning give these a great flavor.
- Parmesan – freshly grated parmesan or store bought grated will both work
Ready to learn just how easy it is to make these Pork Chops In Air Fryer? Gather your ingredients and let’s get started………
How To Cook Pork Chops In Air Fryer
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Mix together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, paprika, Herbs de Provence, Cajun / Creole or another seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray both sides of the meat with a a little olive oil (or if following a calorie-controlled diet, some cooking spray).
- Cover both sides of the pork chops with the coating mix, then place pork chops in the air fryer basket. Make sure these are not touching.
- Air fry anytime between 8 minutes to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of pork chops flipping halfway through. These here took 9 minutes. When cooking these the first time, I recommend aiming for 10 minutes and then checking.
- Remove the meat from the basket and serve.
A few handy tips to help you air fry pork chops well:
- Pat the chops dry with paper towels so that the seasoning sticks.
- Make sure the pork chops are not touching. This allows maximum air circulation inside the fryer, so your chops will cook evenly and turn out nicely crispy.
- This recipe makes enough seasoning mix to season 4 pork chops, but I like lots of seasoning on meat so I used extra when making just 2.
- Double or triple the recipe – although you may need to cook these in batches. Ideally bread the remaining chops for the second batch just before cooking.
And more tips…….
- Thicker pork chops will take a little bit more time to cook.
- Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, so it is important to always check your food for doneness. And when cooking meats, always check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached a safe temperature.
- Vary the seasoning – you could use another dry rub or seasoning like Italian seasoning,
- Add heat – with chili powder, cayenne, chipotle or more.
Make ahead – season raw meat and keep in the fridge. But only add flour just before cooking.
Store – Store cooled leftover pork chops an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Freeze – wrap each cooled pork chops individually in plastic wrap or foil. Then transfer to a freezer bag, remove all the air and freeze for up to 3 month.
Thaw – overnight in the fridge and reheat in the air fryer for a couple of minutes until warmed through.
Getting the coating right can be the difference between crispy and soggy chops. One way to do it right is to lightly coat them with low calorie cooking spray or olive oil before coating it in your almond flour. This is the way I prefer.
Alternatively, you can dip them in egg before coating it with the almond flour. This changes the flavor very slightly, but not enough to make a big deal out of it. Try both ways and see which you prefer.
Also, make sure you let the excess egg drip off each chop and that the chop is as dry as possible before coating it. Don’t leave your meat sitting in the coating for too long as it can go soggy. Coat both sides and get them in the fryer ASAP.
Cooking time of your air fried pork chops depends on the thickness of your meat. This recipe takes between 8 – 12 minutes. These took 9 minutes. When cooking these the first time, I recommend aiming for the lowest time aka 8 minutes, then checking for doneness.
Absolutely. You would just need to cook the bone in chops them for about 2 minutes more.
It is best if you defrost the meat first so that you can season / bread them before air frying.
Overall, chops are a tender cut of meat with a nice mild flavor. Boneless pork chops are the smart choice for those following a low carb diet plan, as they are much leaner and contain less fat and calories than bone-in pork chops. They also cook faster, which is a lovely bonus for those busy weeknights.
Delicious Seasoning Ideas
The seasoning mixture can be varied to suit your taste. The Cajun or Creole seasoning gives these chops a great flavor, but feel free to swap for a teaspoon or so of one of these:
- Spice blends like – Tuscan Seasoning or Greek seasoning.
- Spices – ground coriander, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, etc
- Heat – add in a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
Boneless Pork Chops Air Fryer Temperature
To cook these boneless pork chops in the air fryer, you will set your air fryer to 180C / 350F. Also please do use a meat thermometer. Always check the internal temp of each pork chop to ensure the center of the meat reaches 63C (145 F).
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
So you can totally make these Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops. You’ll just need to use bread crumbs instead of the almond flour that this recipe calls for. Just do a like-for-like swap.
But if you want really golden pork chops then very lightly toast the bread crumbs before you use them. Or start with golden bread crumbs. Panko breadcrumbs give really good results.
How The Air Fryer Works
Here’s how it works. By circulating heat all around the food, air fryers allow you to ‘fry’ foods using the smallest amount of oil. We’re talking anything from a tablespoon to just a light spray.
And since your food isn’t submerged in the stuff, much less oil gets absorbed during the cooking process. So that means your meal contains far less fat and calories overall. Air fryer for the win.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Here are a few other amazing air fryer recipes you have got to try!
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast. Crispy and juicy.
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon. Great For breakfast.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs. Make for dinner tonight.
- Air Fryer Hamburger. Best meal ever.
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin. Full of delicious flavor.
- Air Fryer Cauliflower. Crispy and healthy.
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken. Healthier version of classic comfort food.
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken. Good for the whole family.
- And Pork Chops made in the Instant Pot just because.
Serve them with:
- Air Fryer Green Beans. So, so good.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries. My favorite combo.
- Air Fryer Asparagus. A great side dish choice.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes. Crispy yet fluffy inside.
- Instant Pot Broccoli. Get your veggies in.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 9 Blue Plan SmartPoints Points in one serving of these.
Air Fryer Pork Chops Video
Get the Air Fryer Pork Chop Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Air Fryer Pork Chops! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 2 boneless pork chops that are 0.5 lbs (240g) each
- 1/3 cup (35 g) almond flour or regular flour if not low carb
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning or Cajun seasoning (or ground coriander)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C / 350F.
- Mix together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, paprika, Herbes de Provence, Creole or other seasoning.
- Lightly spray both sides of the pork chops with a calorie-controlled cooking spray (or if not following a calorie-controlled diet, rub with olive oil).
- Cover both sides of the pork chops with the coating mix and place chops in the air fryer basket. Make sure the pork chops are not touching.
- Cooking can be anytime between 8-12 mins, depending on the thickness of pork chops. Mine took 9 mins. When cooking these the first time, I recommend starting with 8 mins and then checking for doneness.
- Air Fryers vary in their temperatures depending on the make and model, which is why this recipes includes a cooking time range. When cooking pork chops in air fryer for the first time, start with the lowest cooking times, check for doneness and then adjust accordingly.
- When cooking meat, check the temp with a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature has reached a safe level (63C / 145F for pork).
- Make sure the chops are not touching each other in the fryer. This provides maximum air circulation so your air fried chops will cook evenly and nicely crispy.
- The amount of seasoning mix in this recipe can actually season 4 pork chops but I like lots on my chops so I put all of on when cooking just 2.