Delicious Air Fryer Chili Nachos is a comforting cheesy meal that cooks in about 5 minutes, making it a great dinner or snack that your whole family will love.
Suitable for Gluten-Free diets.
This really easy Air Fryer Nachos dish is a delicious southwestern meal the whole family will love. Even better is the fact they are made with leftover pantry staples, and cook in less than 5 minutes with minimal prep work. #winningatthiscookingthing.
These Air Fryer Ground Beef Nachos make a great busy weeknight meal, Cinco De Mayo, Mexican night eat or snack, Game day nosh, party food and more to eat with your family and all your friends.
Everyone will love these loaded nachos recipe served with Guacamole, and these are so simple to make but full of great flavor!
Why Make This Recipe
- Easy to make – Air Fryer loaded nachos are made with affordable pantry ingredients and in less than 10 minutes of prep and cook time.
- Versatile – super adaptable with different toppings for different flavors and adaptable to different audiences.
- Dietary – suitable for gluten-free diets.
- Chili – We’re using cooked leftover ground beef chili. #makeslifesoeasy. It can be beef, chicken, venison or veggie chili.
- Tortilla chips – This recipe used gluten-free corn tortilla chips but you can use whichever kind you already got. Restaurant-style tortilla chips the best to use as they are thicker. You want plain chips so that the chili and cheese flavors shine through.
- Cheese – Use your favorite cheese blend mix (I prefer a combination of Mexican cheese and cheddar cheese).
How To Make Air Fryer Nachos
Full recipe measurements and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Fill the air fryer basket one-third full with tortilla chips.
- Top with a third of the ground beef chili and a third of the cheese.
- Top with more chips, to about two-thirds of the way full.
- Layer on the remaining cooked chili and remaining cheese.
- Air Fry nachos at 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from air fryer and serve immediately.
Air fryer temperatures will vary depending on the type and model, so use the cook time as a guide only and adjust as needed.
Make These In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400F /200C / gas 6.
- On a rimmed sheet plan, layer tortilla chips, the ground beef chili, and then shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the chips are nicely toasted and the cheese is melted.
Tips For Success
- Nachos cook fast in the Air Fryer and oven, so watch closely to make sure they don’t burn.
- Fill the air fryer basket two-thirds of the way to avoid overcrowding and risk these not cooking well.
- To avoid the melted cheese dripping out of the basket, make sure to overlap the tortilla chips.
- You can line the basket with aluminum foil and create handles to make removing the nachos easier.
- Serve hot for all that cheesy goodness meltyness as you tuck in.
- You can use homemade tortilla chips or store bought chips.
- Thinner chips may cook much quicker.
- If you don’t have chili, you can cook ground beef seasoned with cumin and chili powder to use instead.
- If you prefer start with some cooked ground beef and mix in some salsa, taco seasoning and cooked beans to make an easy chili.
- Vary the cheese – you can use the best cheese you like like monterey jack cheese instead
The great thing about this dish is that you can add all the optional toppings you like.
- Salsa or pico de gallo.
- Homemade Guacamole.
- Juicy diced tomatoes.
- Sour cream.
- Jalapeno peppers.
- Refried beans.
- Black beans or pinto beans.
- Shredded chicken or other cooked meat.
- Green onion.
- Store – because the tortilla chips will get soggy, nachos don’t store well. It is best to cook just before serving.
- Reheat – to warm, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C and reheat leftover nachos for about 2-3 minutes until nachos are warmed through and the chips crisp up again.
You want to use a cheese that will melt well for these Ground Beef Chili Nachos. Use your favorite melty cheese.
Simply use a vegetarian chili instead.
Certainly. Use 2 trays for oven-style air fryers. You will need to cook in 2 batches if you have a basket air fryer.
Yes you can. Simply use low carb chips or roasted cauliflower instead.
More Air Fryer Snacks
Want more easy air fryer recipes and snacks?
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges.
- Air Fryer Chili Cheese Dogs.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs.
- Air Fryer Corn on The Cob.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries.
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs.
Best Equipment To Use
Get The Easy Air Fryer Chili Nachos Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Air Fryer Nachos! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Air Fryer Nachos
- 4 cups (90g) tortilla chips
- 1 ½ cups (350g) ground beef chili cooked
- 2 cups (160g) shredded cheese
- Fill the air fryer basket to one-third full with tortilla chips.
- Top with half the ground beef chili and cheese.
- Top with more nachos to about two-thirds of the way full.
- Top with remaining cooked chili and cheese.
- Cook at 350F / 180C for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from air fryer and serve.
- Nachos do cook up fast in the Air Fryer and oven, so watch these closely to make sure they don’t burn.
- If you don’t have chili, just fry up some beef with cumin and chili and use that instead.
- Fill the air fryer basket two-thirds with tortilla chips to avoid over crowding and risk these not cooking well.
- To avoid loosing most of the cheese from dripping make sure to overlap the tortilla chips.
- Feel free to line the Air Fryer basket with some foil with handles to make it easy to remove the nachos, before adding in the chips.