Ok so introducing you all to the awesomeness that is this Crème Egg and Nutella Cake with a Nutella Frosting. Ok, I admit it. I might have gone a teeny weeny bit overboard with the flavours. But you get why right?
I mean there is Cadbury Crème Egg, and there is peanut butter, and then there is Nutella – all in one ‘totally worthy of face planting’ cake. Just the Easter recipe that you need.
To be honest I don’t need Easter as an excuse to eat this cake. Like me, you just need to be a chocaholic, who likes EASY yet decadent nutty cakes. This is the sort of lush chocolate cake you whip when you have guests you want to impress coing round. Because it tastes like you have spent ages in the kitchen whipping because you foodie love em. But you and I, we know the truth right?
Nutella Cake Tips
So a few tips to make your Nutella Cake making smoother:
- Microwave the peanut butter too to make it easier to mix in.
- If you prefer you can replace the peanut butter with extra Nutella. It is all good.
- Keep the crème egg in the fridge or even freezer for a couple of hours beforehand to make it easier to cut.
- Feel free to chop up a few crème eggs and add them to the Nutella Frosting in the middle of the cake.
- You can make the cake 1-2 days ahead of time of time, just store the cakes at room temperature all in some plastic wrap.
This Nutella frosting is the easiest thing in the whole wide world. I use it regularly.
Step 1. Warm the Nutella for about 30-45 secs in the microwave.
Step 2. Then you spread some on the base cake, sandwich the two cakes together and spread some more on the top.
No need to mess around making any extra frosting. This recipe is all about eaaaaaaaaasy…..
However, if you do want some Nutella buttercream frosting then why not check out this video from Cupcake Savvy’s Kitchen that shows you how to make it.
Decorating this Nutella Cake
Well, first you add the easy peasy Nutella Frosting. Then feel free to liberally top the Nutella Cake with Cadbury Crème Eggs and colourful mini eggs. Also, you can use a gazillion flowers, sweets, macaroons, Nutella drizzled popcorn and other seasonal sweets. Sky is definitely the limit.
Cadbury Crème Egg Recipes
If you need some more crème egg recipes why not try out these
Crème Egg Brownies
Need More Nutella Recipes
Or these easy recipe selection from Genius Kitchen.
Now please be nice to little old over excited me. Make this Crème Egg Nutella Cake, and send drool-worthy images to your friends so that they can make it too. Then come back and share all your images with me on Instagram or Facebook.
Get the Nutella Cake with Nutella Frosting Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Crème Egg, Peanut Butter And Nutella Cake With A Nutella Icing! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Crème Egg, Peanut Butter And Nutella Cake With A Nutella Icing
- 100 g butter softened
- 5 tbsp Nutella softened
- 2 tbs smooth peanut butter softened
- 4 medium eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Icing and decorating:
- 6 tbsp Nutella softened
- Crème eggs
- Mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C/ 350F/ gas 4 and line and lightly oil two 9inch cake tins.
- Add all the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until combined.
- Split cake batter evenly between the two prepared tins and bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- Quickly warm the Nutella for about 30-45 sec in the microwave spread some on the base cake, sandwich the two cakes together and spread some more on the top.
- Decorate the cake with crème eggs (some split), mini eggs and flowers.