Ok folks, autumn is sorta kinda settling in. Sorta, kinda, because I have not yet got down with that concept. I am giving myself a few more weeks of waking up to cold mornings before I go with the yeap, autumn is here. But I am certainly getting out the jumpers, thick woolly socks, scarves and autumnal spices. Hellooooooo cinnamon and allspice.
One thing that certainly makes autumn better is the excuse to add these warming spices to any and every thing. Smoothies, soups, porridge, teas and all things pumpkin. Like this easy peasy pumpkin bread, good just with just butter and a lovely steaming cuppa.
The clincher though is the addition of my favourite bacon from spoiltpig to it too. That takes the pumpkin bread from GOOD to FACE PLANT worthy, triple pleasure of spices, and pumpkin and bacon, bacon pumpkin bread.
PS – Although I used pumpkin puree in this recipe, butternut squash puree works quite well too. So I just go with whichever is in my pantry.
PPS, second best serving suggestion – day old pumpkin bacon bread, thickly sliced, then grilled till it is warmed through and the edges start to crisp up and slathered with butter and dipped into some soup.
Get the Bacon Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Bacon Pumpkin Bread! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Bacon Pumpkin Bread
- 4 slices of bacon diced
- 200 g (7oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 170 g (6oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 240 ml (1 cup) pumpkin puree
- 100 ml (0.4 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (0.25 cup) water
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds and extra to top
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and prepare a 2lb loaf tin.
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry the bacon until done and set aside.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the caster sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, olive oil and water and mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients before stirring in the bacon and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour the pumpkin bread mix into the loaf tin, top with extra pumpkin seeds and bake for 60-70 mins until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information.
online gambling in the philippines why is it popular
I have yet to see this combo and it sounds absolutely amazing. Looks so tasty.
J @ Bless Her Heart Y'all
Wow this loaf looks so good! And that bacon… yes please… put it in my bread. Love that you have pumpkin seeds in this too!
Oh man did you just put bacon in a sweet bread?? Uhmmm the ultimate sweet and salty combination.
Such an interesting beautiful bread! Love the pepitas on top and the combination of autumn flavors with the bacon. My husband would love this for his birthday.