Peeps, we all know that sometimes there’s nothing better than pancakes right?
- They are baked pancakes, because, you know all that time NOT flipping pancakes you can spend doing other fun things right?
- They are baked sweet potato pancakes (Sweet potato Dutch baby pancakes). Because, well, they are baked sweet potato pancakes.
- You serve these nutmegy sweet potato pancakes with a gorgeous orange cranberry compote. Makes them fingerlicking amazingly good.
- You have this EEEEEEEEEVEEERYDAY for a week, and possibly even for Christmas supper, Thanksgiving brunch because it is that quick and easy to make and perfect for when you just want to relax and have fun.
- It gives you the excuse to test out your brand new ‘I foodie love you’ saute pan. More about that later.
This is super easy to make – pretty much bung your left over sweet potato puree (or pumpkin puree) along with everything else into the blender and whizz into a batter. Then transfer the batter to your preheated pan and bake away. The compote is also very easy to make and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for a few days.
Perfect for using with leftover sweet potato puree and cranberries.
I am going to drop everything and make both the orange cranberry compote and the baked sweet potato pancake right now. Oh happy, happy days.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Baked Sweet Potato Pancake With An Orange Cranberry Compote! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Baked Sweet Potato Pancake With An Orange Cranberry Compote
For the Sweet Potato Pancake
- 70 g (2.5oz) plain flour
- 120 ml (0.5 cup) milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp melted butter
For the Orange Cranberry Compote
- 100 g (3.5oz) cranberries
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 30 g (1oz) sugar
- Preheat oven to fan-assisted 190C / 210C / 425F / gas 7 and let the pan heat up in the oven.
- Add all the ingredients for the pancake into a blender and blend into a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into the preheated pan and bake for 20-25 mins until the pancake is golden and puffed.
- Make the orange cranberry compote:
- To make the orange cranberry compote, add the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to a simmer and simmer away for 8-10 mins until the compote has thickened. You can serve it warm or chilled for later.
- Quarter the pancake and serve with the orange cranberry compote.
- Serves 2 (hungry bunnies) to four people.
To tell you a little bit more about it
The forged pan body – allows for excellent heat conduction, second only to copper.
It comes with a patented Ultra Total® Hi-Low Non-Stick system. Tick, tick, tick.
It has an edge to edge induction suitable base.
The reinforced pan base and rim give both fast and even heating.
It has an easy clean non-stick flush rivet design (seriously awesome).
It features a durable yet stylish cast stainless steel handle (so it can go in the oven no problem).
It is dishwasher safe, metal utensil safe and comes with a hassle free lifetime guarantee.
Please pin me: