I have a friend who is the ultimate foodie. He really, really loves food and only the best will do. It must be something to do with his training at a cordon bleu school and the fact that his father was just as much a foodie as he is.
Whenever he comes around I always feel that I have to push the boat out. So the other day, after a theatre trip with him, we got back home at 9.30 cold and pretty hungry. I needed to make supper pronto. I turned to my pantry staple of Barilla pasta, and less than 15 minutes later we were sitting down to filling supper of garlic and herb butter pasta. Filling yes, and also good enough, made of good enough ingredients to keep my ultimate foodie “only the best will do” friend happy. So happy that he asked for the recipe and pinched my last box of Barilla spaghetti.
This recipe is adapted from a dish I first had at a little crowded corner restaurant in Rome. And I absolutely love making it. I especially love that simple, basic ingredients combine to pack such a punch. The whole kitchen smells soooooooooo ‘I want to face plant myself in that’ good when I make it. Just think buttery, garlicky and herby heaven.
And guys seriously Barilla pasta are a major pantry staple for me. If you ever have kids come home from school hungry, and need to eat and eat right now, then Barilla will save your life. Especially their capellini n.1 (ready in 3 mins) and spaghetti (ready in 8 mins). Their range is huge and includes all the classics like fettuccine, spaghetti, bucatine, penne, fusilli. New to me is their gnocchi shaped pasta which is next on my list to try. They also now have gluten-free pasta dishes so everyone can now recreate their favourite pasta dishes.
Look out for their pasta in all major supermarkets and do head over to their website to enter their absolutely fantastic competition to win £1,000 of British Airways vouchers to use towards a weekend away in Italy. Awesome right? All you have to do to enter is post a picture of a pasta dish on Barilla Uk’s Facebook page or on Instagram using the hashtags #OutsidetheBox and #BarillaUK. It is that simple. Good luck.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try 15 Min Garlic and Herb Butter Pasta! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
15 Min Garlic and Herb Butter Pasta
For the garlic and herb butter pasta
- 400 g (14oz) quick cook pasta I used Barilla spaghetti
- 100 g (3.5oz) salted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large handful of fresh coriander cilantro, chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 6 spring onion scallions, chopped
- Toasted pine nuts
- Grated Parmesan
- Chilli flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, till al dente, drain and set aside somewhere warm.
- Add butter and olive oil to a pot over low medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Then add the minced garlic and cook for about 4 min, until the garlic is fragrant but not burnt.
- Add in the fresh and dried herbs and spring onions and cook slowly for a further 3 mins.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the warm pasta.
- Serve pasta in bowls and top with pine nuts, parmesan and chilli flakes.
Please pin me: