Hey kale crisps.
Been seeing you around for a long long time – here, there, everywhere. Whatever, I thought. Whatever. I mean BAKED KALE CHIPS, come on now.
Except last week I was hungry, and could not find any plantain chips. None whatsoever. And then I saw you. Through the glass in the garden in your lovely purpleness. Looking pretty tasty to this hungry kitten.
So out into the garden, looking at you in your rows, and like a beauty contest I picked the best looking leaves. Back in the kitchen, you got a long, gentle rub with some oil plus a quick short bake in the oven.
And wow – you were fantastic. Seriously.
So kale crisps, as a nutritious and healthy snack, you are welcome at my place anytime.
Added to Made with love Mondays at Cookin w/ Luv.
Thanks to kitchen craft for sending me their salad spinner to test out. I like the fact that it has a clip lock to keep the lid in place whilst spin drying salads. Also handy is the fact that I can add a vinaigrette directly into the spinner to evenly dress my salads.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Baked Kale Crisps! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Baked Kale Crisps
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to fan 140C / 160C / 325F / gas 3.
- Remove kale leaves from the woody stem, thoroughly wash and dry them and transfer into in a bowl.
- Add the oil and some salt and massage the oil into the kale leaves so all the leaves are well coated.
- Lay the kale leaves in a single layer on the baking tray with some space between them. You might need to bake them in more than 1 batch.
- Bake for 10 -12 mins until crisp but not burnt making sure you turn them half way through baking. Do keep an eye on your kale crisps as they do burn rather quickly.
- If you find that few leaves are not crispy then pick them out and put these back into the oven for a few minutes.