Gluten -free folks, you have just found the BEST ever Vegetable Gluten-Free Quiche around. For real.
I have many friends and relatives who can’t eat certain foods. Including a family member who has celiac disease so can’t eat anything containing gluten.
As a foodie, I’ve made it my mission to make sure these friends and family members have the BEST recipes available to them despite their dietary restrictions. I consider it giving back, food blogger-style. So I’m always dreaming up delicious gluten-free recipes and so many more.
And since it is that time of the year when comfort food is king, I thought it would be the perfect time on to put a delicious gluten-free recipe on the blog. Aka this vegetable quiche served up in a gluten free tart crust. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What I love is that this simple vegetable quiche is great for easy entertaining, weeknight dinners and leftover lunch box treats. Plus it can be prepped ahead and take to a potluck outing.
Gluten-Free Veggie Quiche is a Healthier Quiche
This recipe is a healthier quiche recipe too thanks to being loaded with mushrooms, spring onions and spinach. This recipe ticks all the ‘good stuff’ boxes.
So are you ready to make this veggie quiche? Then gather all your ingredients and let me tell you……
How to Make Gluten-Free Tart Crust Step by Step
- Step 1. Add the flour, dairy free butter, herbs and pulse in a food processor to a breadcrumbs consistency.
Chef’s Tip: Gluten-free flour is a mix of flours, usually containing ingredients such as rice flour, tapioca starch and potato starch. The exact mixture will vary by company.
- Step 2. Keep pulsing and add the iced water to bring the pastry together in a ball.
- Step 3. Remove the pastry, wrap it in some cling film and keep in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Step 4. Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 160C /180C/350F/gas 4. Lightly grease a 28cm baking dish and set aside.
- Step 5. Roll out the gluten free pastry dough to about a 0.5 cm thickness and line the prepared dish with the pastry. Fix any holes and prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
Chef’s Tip: Gluten-free pastry is crumblier, so roll carefully and patch any holes in the crust with pastry offcuts.
- Step 6. Place a layer of foil on the pastry and weight this down with some baking beans and bake blind for 15 mins.
Chef’s Tip: No baking beans? You can use dried rice, dried beans or even popcorn kernels.
Chef’s Tip: Don’t skip the blind-baking step. It is a necessary step to keep your crust from getting soggy.
How To Make Veggie Gluten-Free Quiche
- Step 1. Remove pastry from the oven, remove the baking beans and foil and bake for a further 5 mins.
- Step 2. Whilst the pastry is baking heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the mushroom for about 5 mins.
- Step 3. Then add in the spring onions and cook for a further min and switch off and mix in the defrosted spinach.
- Step 4. Make the quiche filling by mixing together the milk (a2 Milk™ if you have it), eggs, salt and nutmeg in a jug.
- Step 5. Add the veggie filling into the pastry, top with the egg mix and bake for 30-35 mins or until golden and lightly set.
- Step 6. Serve the Veggie Loaded Gluten-Free Quiche with a salad.
Gluten-Free Quiche For A Crowd
You can easily make two or three of these ahead of time and use them to feed a crowd. #winnerdinner.
Vegetable Quiche Variations
This veggie tart is the a life saver because with a little imagination and a few variations you can customize it to your taste and budget. If you use some longer cooking veggies you might need to roast or cook them ahead of time. Even better if you use some left over roasted veggies in this. Some other options to add in include;
- Roasted zucchini
- Diced roasted eggplant
- Chunks of roasted pumpkin or sweet potatoes
- Roasted bell peppers
- Steamed asparagus
- Steamed broccoli
Can You Freeze Quiche
Yes! You can certainly freeze this veggie quiche and you have 2 options;
- Make ahead and bake – bake following the instructions in this recipe, and then allow the quiche to cool. Slice into individual servings, then wrap and freeze. Then simply move the servings needed to the fridge and allow to thaw overnight.
- Make ahead and freeze unbaked – just assemble and freeze it, then bake from frozen.
Vegetable Gluten-Free Quiche Weight Watchers Points
There are 8 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of this gluten free veggie quiche.
What To Serve With Vegetable Quiche
This Gluten Free Vegetable Quiche make a great meal by itself, but if you want to stretch it out a little bit, then feel free to with the suggestions below.
More Gluten Free Recipes
There you have it, folks. A really, really good gluten-free quiche recipe for you to enjoy.
Thank you for reading my Gluten-Free Veggie Quiche recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get the Vegetable Gluten-Free Quiche Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Vegetable Gluten-Free Quiche! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Vegetable Gluten-Free Quiche
Gluten-free Crust Ingredients:
Vegetable Gluten-Free Quiche Instructions
- Add the flour, butter, herbs and pulse in a food processor to a breadcrumbs consistency.
- Keep pulsing and add the iced water to bring the pastry together in a ball.
- Remove the pastry, wrap it in some cling film and keep in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C /180C/350F/gas 4. Lightly grease a 28 cm baking dish and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry to about a 0.5 cm thickness and line the prepared dish with the pastry. Fix any holes with pastry offcuts and prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Place a layer of foil on the pastry and weight this down with some baking beans and bake blind for 15 mins.
- Remove pastry from the oven, remove the baking beans and foil and bake for a further 5 mins.
- Then add in the spring onions and cook for a further min and switch off and mix in the defrosted spinach.
- Make the quiche filling by mixing together the milk, eggs, salt and nutmeg in a jug.
- Add the sautéd veggies into the pastry, top with the egg mixture and bake for 30-35 mins or until golden and lightly set.