This is the easiest ever Lemon Blueberry Cake full of juicy blueberries in every bite and topped with an easy Blueberry Glaze. This is Blueberry Loaf cake is perfectly moist and soooo moreish!!!
Me time moment, coffee morning and kids snack deserve special treat like this Lemon Blueberry Cake with a Blueberry Glaze.
So please go ahead and make one. Actually, make two and have the second one for yourself as it is so so good and so so worth it. Trust me, I know this.
Okay, so I have a current love affair with all things zesty. I still have an ongoing love affair with fruit it makes sense to add zest to all things fruit. And since my current two loves are lemons and blueberries (just check out my blueberry and blood orange smoothie), well it was an easy jump to make this Blueberry Lemon Cake.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Cake
This Lemon Blueberry Cake cake uses both lemon zest and an optional hint of orange blossom to create the perfect and irresistible flavour. Pair that with the juicy blueberries baked right in and this cake is bursting with fresh, fruity flavour. This recipe is so easy to change up and you can use any kind of fruit you feel like, so far I’ve made a raspberry and a strawberry version of this cake too.
- Step 1. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Step 2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the lemon zest (or orange blossom water).
- Step 3. Fold in the flour followed by the blueberries.
- Step 4. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake.
Easy Blueberry Glaze
The blueberry glaze came about because of all the extra blueberries that even I, could not eat in one day. I will not lie, the blueberry glaze is delicious and is my favourite thing about this recipe. Peeps, I intend to liberally pour it over this every single thing for the next few weeks.
The glaze has a little tang from the blueberries and lemon but it is also light and slightly sweet. Seriously it is perfection.
The great thing about this lush blueberry glaze is that it is soooooooo easy to make.
- You literally add blueberries, sugar and lemon into a pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Let the blueberry glaze cool and blitz into a gorgeous purple blueberry sauce.
Blueberry Lemon Cake Loaf Tips
- Feel free to make the blueberry glaze two or three days before you actually need it and chill it. That way you simply pull it out of the fridge and drizzle it over the cake (or anything else) when you need. That is assuming that you can keep it in the fridge that long (I can’t).
- You can substitute in other berries of your choice in this bluberry lemon loaf cake
Can I just point out that gorgeous purple colour once more? This cake is awesome, it easy and it is good. And I am not hinting at Freddy at all.
Ok then folks. I think I have been chatting at you quite a lot. I think it is time I get off and leave you with a ‘pretty please you HAVE to make this Lemon Blueberry Cake, whip up the Blueberry Glaze and liberally drizzle it all over the cake’. Because then the cake becomes something BEYOND AWESOME. I promise because I know this.
More Fruity Recipes
Balsamic Roasted Strawberries.
Thank you for reading my Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Lemon Blueberry Cake With A Blueberry Glaze! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Lemon Blueberry Cake With A Blueberry Glaze
For the orange blossom blueberry cake
- 175 g (6.2 oz) butter, softened
- 200 g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 225 g (8 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange blossom water optional
- 150 g (5.5 oz) blueberries
- 175 g (6.2 oz) blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Make the Lemon blueberry loaf:
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C / 350F gas 4 and lightly oil and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and caster sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the orange blossom water.
- Fold in the flour followed by the blueberries.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Make the blueberry glaze:
- Combine all blueberry glaze ingredients in a pot and simmer for about 10 mins or until the blueberry sauce is thick. Blend into a puree with a handheld blender.
Finish the cake:
- Drizzle as much of the blue berry glaze as you like over the cool sponge cake, cut into slices and serve.
dissertation proposal defense powerpoint https://helpon-doctoral-dissertations.net/
best dissertation writing service uk https://mydissertationwritinghelp.com/
write my dissertation https://help-with-dissertations.com/
dissertation introduction help https://dissertationwriting-service.com/
doctoral dissertation writing https://buydissertationhelp.com/
konami slots https://slotmachinegameinfo.com/
san manuel online slots https://www-slotmachines.com/
baba wild slots casino https://411slotmachine.com/
free no downloads slots https://download-slot-machines.com/
free slots on facebook https://beat-slot-machines.com/
free slots download for pc https://slot-machine-sale.com/
scatter slots topless https://slotmachinesforum.net/