Sierra Leone recipe / West African recipe : Try these addictive oasted sesame coconut cashews.
These roasted sesame coconut cashews are addictive. As in one whole level above roasted cashew nuts. As in throw out everything you thought you know about about roasted nuts and prepare to be amazed.
And if you like sesame seeds, coconut and cashews, I know you will get what I mean. I remember making various versions of these in Sierra Leone, which my sisters and I loved snacking on as we sat crossed legged on the veranda catching up. Then I somehow forgot about the recipe until very recently. And believe me I am making up for that.
Freddy is now torn between his staple spicy roasted cashew nuts and these roasted sesame coconut cashew nuts. A problem easily solved by me making and us eating both versions. I see another London Brixton market nut stock up run in my very near future.
I have also been packaging these as little gifts in a jar and giving them to my obviously lucky friends. Which is a win win situation really. They seem to like them and I have a reason to have to make another batch, which of course I extensively test. Only the best for them.
I think you get the point that I think these nuts are seriously awesome right?
But just incase not, here is my addictively awesome roasted sesame coconut cashew nuts recipe. Happy eating.
Sierra Leone flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and West African fusion recipes.
Roasted Sesame Coconut Cashew Nuts - Sierra Leone Flavours
- 300 g (2 cups) roasted unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 120C / 140C / 275F / gas 1 and lightly oil a lined baking tray.
- Mix together all the ingredients and spread out in a single layer on the tray.
- Roast the cashew nuts for 20 mins turning half way through.
- Take the nuts out of the oven, let them cool for 2 mins before scraping them off the tray on to a plate and allowing them to cool completely.