Who is up for some crunchy baked Parmesan crusted chicken?
This is one of those incredibly easy, yes I know you get that a lot but it is a really easy and simple chicken recipe to whip up.
Adults and kids love it alike as it comes out of the oven all golden and crunchy on the outside but deliciously tender and juicy on the inside. You can’t help but reach for one, then another one, then just one more.
I recently hosted a brunch for a few almost ‘long lost’ friends. Long lost to me because blogging, whilst fun and I love everything about it, can be so, so, so time consuming. There are recipes to test, images to take, post to write and promote, emails to reply to, research to do etc etc. So, I find myself seeing friends less and less.
I have been making an effort to set aside some dedicated time, during which I switch off all blog related things, for at least half a day and have some time with friends.
My most recent bunch involved serving guests this baked Parmesan crusted chicken, some baked sweet potato fries and this ginger beer hibiscus mocktail. It took about 20 mins of hesitant getting to know each other again conversation, for us to get right back into the swing of things. And 3 hours later with only a few straggling sweet potato fries remaining, we hugged each other goodbye with promises of more dates like these to come.
How to make easy Parmesan crusted chicken
It is extremely easy to make this Parmesan crusted chicken.
The star ingredients of this recipe, which are all fridge or pantry staples, are Parmesan, chicken, breadcrumbs, dried mixed herbs, oil and seasoning. Yes. That, IS IT.
However, the secret to this recipe is using panko breadcrumbs. These are lighter and airier compared to regular breadcrumbs, which means they absorb less oil and end up crispier.
One tip is to toast the panko breadcrumbs a little bit before adding them to the mixture. This makes sure that you end up with a lovely golden coating. Yes it is not necessary but it is so, so worth it.
- So first thing is to mix together the olive oil and chicken
- Then combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, dried herbs and salt (if using) and decant this mix on to a plate.
- Then coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mix and bake in a hot oven for up to 25 mins.
Another tip – is that you can put the breadcrumb mixture in a bag, add in the chicken and shake away. Kids totally love doing this bit.
Parmesan crusted chicken with mayo
You can also make Parmesan crusted chicken with mayo. Simply combine your favourite mayonnaise with the parmesan cheese, top the chicken breast with the mayo cheese mixture, then sprinkle on some breadcrumbs, herbs and seasoning and bake in a hot oven until the chicken is cooked through. Easy, peasy and simple.
Low carb Parmesan crusted chicken
To make a low carb Parmesan crusted chicken recipe, you would skip the breadcrumbs. Mix mayonnaise with cheese and herbs, coat the chicken and bake.
Ok enough chat from me. So here is how to make this Parmesan crusted chicken. Please do try it and if you do make it, then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Thank you for reading my Parmesan crusted chicken recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
How to make Easy Parmesan crusted chicken
All the ingredients
Mix chicken and oil
Mix panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan and herbs
Cover the chicken in the Parmesan crust
Bake the chicken.
Enjoy your Parmesan crusted chicken
Parmesan crusted chicken
Easy baked Parmesan crusted chicken
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts halved
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 75 g panko bread crumbs
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.75 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to fan-assisted 200C / 220C / 425F / gas 7 and line a baking tray.
- Add the chicken and olive oil to a bowl, and mix until the chicken is coated with the oil.
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, herbs, and salt on a rimmed plate.
- Add the chicken pieces one at a time to the plate and coat evenly on both sides with the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the coated chicken to baking sheet and sprinkle on the remaining panko mixture.
- Bake for between 23 to 25 mins or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
Please pin me: