I need some more beetroot recipes in my life.
Like this sweet roasted beetroot salad with sweet potato and pear balanced by some tangy feta and some crunch from walnuts. Simple, beautifully coloured and great flavours.
It is an easy lunch box idea, brunch recipe and makes a great side to some roast meat. Try it yourself and let me know what you think.
Entering this recipe into the #AgaInspiredRecipes competition hosted by Rix Petroleum.
- 3 medium beetroot kept whole
- Olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pear cut into bite sized pieces
- 100 g (3.5oz) salad leaves
- 150 g (5oz) cubed feta cheese
- Large handful of chopped walnuts
- Balsamic vinegar dressing
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 / Aga roasting oven.
- Drizzle some oil and salt on the beetroot, wrap them up in some foil and roast them for about 1 hr or until tender. When done take them out of the oven, let them cool and peel them. Then cut them into bite size pieces.
- In the mean time mix the sweet potato with some oil and salt and roast for about 25 mins until done and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by layering the leaves, then the beetroot, sweet potato and pear, then the feta cheese and walnuts before drizzling on the balsamic vinegar dressing.