These Instant Pot Glazed Carrot make an easy fast, tasty and colorful side dish. Made with fresh carrots and pantry staples, this is ready in less than 15 minutes.
Suitable for Vegan and gluten free diets. Post Includes Weight Watchers points.
May I just introduce you to the best Instant Pot Carrot recipe you will have ever tried? You got sweet carrots, all dressed up with a maple, butter bourbon glaze and completed with a hint of fresh parsley.
All the flavors friends, aaaaaaaaaaaall the flavors. With minimum prep time and a cook time of just a few minutes, it is one of those easy to throw together vegetable side dish, that you will come back to again and again.
Definitely the way to get family and friends alike to eat their veggies without a complaint. And the kiddoes too, as long as you swap the bourbon glaze for a pineapple glaze instead.
These Instant Pot Bourbon Glazed Carrots are one of the great snack or side dishes for any meal including quick weeknight suppers, brunch, potlucks, Easter, Thanksgiving, upcoming holiday meal and festive dinners and centerpiece veggie at any Southern table.
And if you like these Pressure cooker carrots, then check out these other pressure cooker basic posts, including Instant Pot Green Beans, easy Instant Pot Corn On The Cob and delicious Instant Pot Cabbage.
You might also like these Instant Pot Beets.
Easy Pressure Cooker Carrots
All the reasons why you’ll love them…….
- They are quick and easy to whip up, hands off with everyday ingredients.
- You’ll need only a few pantry ingredients to make this delicious side dish.
- You end up with perfectly cooked carrots every single time.
- Great for prep-ahead and reheat as needed and can be scaled up to feed a crowd.
- Great way to use leftover carrots – and no need to peel them.
- These carrots are suitable for gluten free and vegan diets.
The Instant Pot is truly the key to getting this tasty vegetable dish to turn out perfect each and every time.
So, are you ready to find out just how simple it is to make carrots Instant Pot style? Gather up your ingredients and I will show you……
- Carrots – See below for what type is best.
- Butter – You can use salted butter or unsalted butter depending on your preference.
- Glazing liquid – you can use a your favorite bourbon, or some pineapple juice if making this for kids too.
- Sweetener – Use your favorite maple syrup (or brown sugar for a richer flavor).
- Water for pressure cooking – use a third of a cup of water to help with pressure cooking.
What Carrots To Use
You can use any carrots you like or have on hand, but you might need to adjust the cooking times.
- I used Chantenay Carrots that needed to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- You can use baby carrots, which need about 2 minutes. The great thing about using baby carrots is that these do not need chopping. Just throw them in whole, so even less prep time.
- Chopped carrots – You can also use large carrots cut into sections, which need about 2-3 minutes.
How To Make Instant Pot Carrots
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Add the water, dairy free butter, maple syrup, and carrots into the Instant Pot insert.
- Cover your Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Select Manual/Pressure Cooker Setting, and set to high pressure for 3 mins cook time for firmer carrots (4 minutes for softer carrots).
- Allow pot to come up to pressure and cook until done. Then quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid, add in the bourbon, and stir to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve your Instant Pot Carrots.
Making The Bourbon Glaze
- If you want to make a bourbon glaze, when the cook time is done, perform the QPR and remove the carrots from the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode, and stir the remaining liquid for a few minutes until thickened.
- Then switch off the heat, mix in the bourbon, add the carrots back in and carefully stir to coat.
- Top your Instant Pot Carrots with parsley and serve.
Chef’s tip: swap out dairy-free butter for regular butter if you are not vegan.
Instant Pot Steamed Carrots
If you prefer to make simple steamed Instant Pot Carrots instead, then you can. However you will need to use a steamer basket in this case.
- Simply pour 1 cup water to the Instant Pot.
- Add in a steamer basket and place carrots on a rack.
- Then steam from anywhere between 1-4 minutes depending on the thickness of your carrots.
How to Steam Vegetables in the Instant Pot
Well, just like the carrots you can steam other vegetables in the Instant Pot too. Just follow these steps:
- Simply add water to the Instant Pot.
- Add in a steamer rack and place vegetables on the rack.
- Then steam from anywhere between 0-4 minutes depending on the vegetable.
- If using large carrots that have been cut up, make sure cut them all to the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Feel free to add some chopped parsley or other green herbs on top for color.
- Make it dairy free – swap out dairy-free butter for regular butter if you are not vegan.
- Swap the sweetener – Use honey if not vegan.
- Add extra heat – a dash of red pepper flakes or cayenne will add that little extra heat if you prefer.
- Store – Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat – Reheat on saute mode in the pressure cooker, or in a saucepan on the stove top or microwave.
Wondering how long to cook carrots in Instant Pot? Or how long to steam carrots in the Instant Pot? This depends entirely on the thickness of the carrots.
Thinner carrots will need less time and thicker ones will need more. This recipe needs only 3-4 minutes. You can start with 1 minute and work your way up till you get them perfect.
It is very important that you do a quick pressure release after cooking the carrots. If you do a natural pressure release you will end up will very overcooked carrots.
Absolutely, you can. Just add them in at the end so they retain their crunch.
I like toasted pecans or walnuts the best.
You can certainly double or triple up this recipe. As long as the contents do not go past the max fill line in your pressure cooker insert.
Apart from their great taste, carrots are awesome as they rich minerals and vitamins. Other benefits include:
great source of fiber.
lower in calories so they are great way to fill up.
You can flavor your IP Carrots in many other ways. Here are just a few mix-in suggestions to try:
- Spices like nutmeg, smoked paprika and allspice.
- Dried herbs such as oregano, basil and parsley.
- Cayenne pepper, or a dash of hot sauce for those who like some heat.
- Brown sugar, or honey if not vegan.
- Homemade blends eg Creole Seasoning and Greek Seasoning.
- Feel free to top with toasted nuts for some crunch.
- You can simply add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a great side dish to serve alongside
- Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breast.
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
- Salmon Croquettes.
- Instant Pot Pot Roast.
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast.
- Vietnamese Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.
More Easy Instant Pot Vegetables Recipes
- Instant Pot Collard Greens.
- Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage.
- Instant Pot Rutabaga Mash.
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto.
- Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans.
- Instant Pot Broccoli.
- Instant Pot Artichokes.
- Instant Pot Corn On The Cob.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 2 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Published October 2019. Updated March 2020 and Sept 2021.
Get The Instant Pot Carrots Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot Carrots! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot Carrots
Instant Pot Carrots Ingredients
- 2 pounds (908g) carrots with tops removed
- ⅓ cup (76g) water
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add the water, carrots, butter and maple syrup to the Instant Pot insert.
- Cover the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Select pressure cook / manual pressure and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Cook till done, then immediately perform a quick pressure release and switch off.
- You can now add in the brandy, stir and serve. But I think it’s best to remove carrots, set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and make a glaze by cooking and stirring the liquid for a few mins till thick.
- Then turn off the Instant Pot, mix in the bourbon and carefully stir in carrots.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Wow, that’s what I was seeking for, what a information! existing here at this website, thanks admin of this web site. Celebrity Leather Jackets
Apart from their great taste, carrots are awesome as they rich minerals and Flappy Birdvitamins.
If you want to make a bourbon glaze, when the cook time is done, perform the QPR and remove the carrots from the Instant Pot.
Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.
On your Instant Pot, press the adjusted cook time. Add the butter and browned carrots in a sauté pan, then add in the butter mixture. To get gutter repair auckland and learn more new tips for repairs. Glazed instant pot carrots are the perfect appetizer for your next cookout or BBQ. With a rich, caramel-like glaze, these baked carrots will be sure to please any crowd.
Excellent article and I also like how stylish and cool you look in that outfit. I appreciate your posting.Yellowstone Dutton ranch apparel
These Instant Pot Glazed Carrot make an easy fast, tasty and colorful side dish. This is very good post thanks for sharing. pre purchase building inspection newcastle
A part from their great taste, carrots are awesome as they rich minerals and vitamins. Thanks for sharing. electrician joondalup
I love cooked carrots so this is a must-try recipe. This is very good and informative [post thanks for sharing. Electrician Neutral Bay