These Instant Pot Glazed Carrot make the perfect fast, tasty and colorful side dish. To lots of fresh carrots, you add with maple syrup, bourbon and butter with parsley to pull it all together into one delectable dish.
Suitable for Vegan and gluten free diets. Post Includes Weight Watchers points.
May I just introduce you to the best Instant Pot Carrot recipe you will have ever tried? Picture this, sweet carrots, all dressed up with a maple, butter bourbon glaze and completed with a hint of fresh parsley.
All the flavors friends, aaaaaaaaaaaall the flavors.
Definitely the way to get family and friends alike to eat their veggies without a complaint. And the kiddoes too, as long as you swap the bourbon glaze for a pineapple glaze instead.
My Instant Pot Accessories Top Pick
These Instant Pot Bourbon Glazed Carrots are a great side dish for any meal including quick weeknight suppers, brunch, potlucks, Easter, Thanksgiving, upcoming holiday and festive dinners and centrepiece veggie at any Southern table.
Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
All the reasons why you’ll love them…….
- They are quick and easy to whip up with everyday ingredients.
- You’ll need only a few pantry ingredients to make this delicious side.
- You end up with perfectly cooked carrots every single time.
- Great for prep-ahead and reheat as needed.
- Great way to use leftover carrots – and no need to peel them.
- You can easily triple or quadruple the recipe to feed a crowd. .
- These carrots are suitable for gluten free and vegan diets.
The Instant Pot is truly the key to getting this tasty dish to turn out perfect each and every time.
So, are you ready to find out just how simple it is to make carrots Instant Pot style? Gather up your ingredients and I will show you……
How To Make Instant Pot Carrots
- Add the water, carrots, dairy free butter and maple syrup into the Instant Pot insert.
- Cover your Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Select Manual/Pressure Cooker Setting, and set to high pressure for 3 mins for firmer carrots (4 mins for softer carrots).
- When cook time is done, perform a quick pressure release.
- Then remove the lid, add in the bourbon, and stir to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve your Instant Pot Carrots.
Making The Bourbon Glaze
- If you want to make a bourbon glaze, when the cook time is done, perform the QPR and remove the carrots from the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode, and stir the remaining liquid for a few mins until thickened.
- Then switch off the heat, mix in the bourbon add the carrots back in and carefully stir to coat.
- Top your Instant Pot Carrots with parsley and serve.
Chef’s tip: swap out dairy-free butter for regular butter if you are not vegan.
Instant Pot Steamed Carrots
If you prefer to make simple steamed Instant Pot Carrots instead, then you can. However you will need to use a steamer rack in this case.
- Simply pour 1 cup water to the Instant Pot.
- Add in a steamer rack and place carrots on a rack.
- Then steam from anywhere between 1-4 minutes depending on the thickness of your carrots.
How to Steam Vegetables in the Instant Pot
Well, just like the carrots you can steam other vegetables in the Instant Pot too. Just follow these steps:
- Simply add water to the Instant Pot.
- Add in a steamer rack and place vegetables on the rack.
- Then steam from anywhere between 0-4 minutes depending on the vegetable.
What Carrots To Use
You can use any carrots you like or have, but you might need to adjust the cooking times.
- I used Chantenay Carrots that needed to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- You can use baby carrots, which need about 2 minutes.
- You can also use large carrots cut into sections, which need about 2-3 minutes.
How Long to Pressure Cook Carrots?
Wondering how long to cook carrots in Instant Pot? This depends entirely on the thickness of the carrots. Thinner carrots will need less time and thicker ones will need more. This recipe needs only 3-4 minutes. You can start with 1 minute and work your way up till you get them perfect.
It is very important that you do a quick pressure release after cooking the carrots. If you do a natural pressure release you will end up will very overcooked carrots.
You can flavor your IP Carrots in many other ways. Here are just a few mix-in suggestions to try:
- Spices like nutmeg, smoked paprika and allspice.
- Dried herbs such as oregano, basil and parsley.
- Cayenne pepper, or a dash of hot sauce for those who like some heat.
- Brown sugar, or honey if not vegan.
- Homemade blends eg Creole Seasoning and Greek Seasoning.
- Feel free to top with toasted nuts for some crunch.
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
- Salmon Croquettes.
- Instant Pot Pot Roast.
- Vietnamese Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.
More Instant Pot Vegetables Recipes
- Instant Pot Collard Greens.
- Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage.
- Instant Pot Rutabaga Mash.
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto.
- Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans.
- Instant Pot Broccoli.
Weight Watcher Points
There are 2 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Thank you for reading my Easy Glazed Carrots recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Published October 2019. Updated March 2020
Get The Instant Pot Carrots Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot Carrots! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot Carrots
Instant Pot Carrots Ingredients
- 2 lbs (908g) carrots with tops removed
- 1/3 cup (76g) water
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp bourbon
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add the water, carrots, butter and maple syrup to the Instant Pot insert.
- Cover the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Select pressure cook/ manual pressure and set to high pressure for 4 mins.
- Cook till done, then immediately perform a quick pressure release and switch off.
- You can now add in the brandy, stir and serve. But I think it’s best to remove carrots, set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and make a glaze by cooking and stirring the liquid for a few mins till thick.
- Then turn off the Instant Pot, mix in the bourbon and carefully stir in carrots.
- Top with parsley and serve.