These Jerk Shrimp Tacos with sweetcorn, mango and pineapple will make the perfect flavourful addition to your BBQ!! They are suitable for Gluten-Free diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
Hey Peeps. Are you looking forward to BBQ season? Because if you are, then you might want to investigate these jerk shrimp tacos with sweetcorn, mango and pineapple. Because once you do, you might just find yourself addicted, to both the shrimps and BBQ’s, in a very good way.
This recipe is so simple to make. First fire up your BBQ (or your grill if you prefer). Then start out with some really gorgeous and tasty red shrimp. Just add some jerk seasoning paste, grill them for a few minutes on each side and you are good to go. See, I told you. Eeeeeeeeeasy.
Then the toppings. Oh the toppings people. Pineapple + mango + sweetcorn + jerk shrimp = awesome tacos = result. Imagine each mouthful coming with a burst of spicy jerk shrimp, creaminess from the sweet corn and juicy sweetness from the pineapple and mango.
Again (I really want to emphasise this folks, because it is something that is close to my heart), using frozen fruits and veggies here means it is dead easy, and also you don’t waste anything. Just take as much as you want from the bag and put the rest back in the deep freeze. No need to worry about odd halves of pineapple going off, or anything like that.
Weight Watchers Points in Grilled Jerk Shrimp Tacos
There are 8 Weight Watchers Freestyle points per serving.
Now enough talk. Here is how to make these jerk shrimp tacos with sweetcorn and pineapple and mango.
Jerk Shrimp Taco Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Sweetcorn, Pineapple and Mango! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Sweetcorn, Pineapple and Mango
Grilled Jerk Shrimp
- 20 Argentinian red shrimp , tails removed
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning paste
Herbed sour crème
- 8 tbsp sour crème
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 8 corn tacos
- Chopped pineapple and mango (I used defrosted pineapple and mango from Iceland Foods)
- 2 corn on the cob
- Chopped chilli
- Chopped coriander (cilantro)
- Fried plantain (optional)
- Lime slices
- ire up the barbeque and wait till the coals are medium hot. If using a grill then preheat the grill to medium.
- Oil the grill plate and place the shrimps on a griddle on the hot barbeque (or grill) and grill them for 2-3 mins on each side until they are cooked through and transfer them to a plate.
- Grill the sweet corn for 2-3 mins on each side until they are cooked through. The slice the corn kernels off the cob
- Make the herbed sour cream by mixing together the ingredients and setting aside.
- Assemble the tacos starting with the tacos, jerk shrimps, the fruit, sweetcorn, chilli, herbs, plantains (if using) and the herbed sour crème. Garnish with lime slices and serve.
Weight Watchers Points in Grilled Jerk Shrimp TacosThere are 8 Weight Watchers Freestyle points per serving.