Let’s talk pancakes.
I am convinced that a world without pancakes would be a very sad place indeed. We eat pancakes a LOT in my household – three times a week minimum, but if I’m being honest it’s usually at least four times. And there was that one week it was so many times that I’m embarrassed to post the final count on the internet.
So when a friend of mine who is on the keto diet asked me if I could make some keto pancakes for her, I was happy to oblige. I explain the keto diet in my ’12 Easy Keto Recipes You’ll Want to Make Right Now’ post, but if you want the quick explanation, it is a diet that involves eating foods that are high in fat and low in carbs. (Sounds heavenly except I do love my carbs.)
What I love about the keto pancakes I whipped up is that a keto diet is certainly not required to enjoy them. The recipe results in light, crepe-like pancakes that you can drown in butter, whipped cream, nut butter, sugar-free syrup, or whatever topping you’d like.
Why You’ll Love Perfect Keto Pancakes
Yeap, I’ve named these ‘Perfect Keto Pancakes.’ Perhaps that name is a lot to live up to, but with my expert pancake-making skills, I feel pretty comfortable in saying this ketogenic pancake recipe is pretty much perfect.
Just a few reasons why you’ll love Perfect Keto Pancakes:
- No more eggs for breakfast. My friend who is on the keto diet said she was on egg overload and could barely stand to look at another egg. Whilst this recipe does contain eggs, it’s only 4. These are not ‘eggy’ pancakes like some keto pancakes.
- Only 5 ingredients. 6 if you count the butter you use to fry them. These are some seriously easy keto pancakes.
- They’re keto cream cheese pancakes. The addition of cream cheese makes them extra-tasty and soft.
- They can be easily sweetened. If you prefer a sweet pancake, add stevia or another low-carb sugar substitute to your liking.
How to Easily Make Perfect Keto Pancakes
Step 1. Gather your ingredients (almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, and ground nutmeg) and add them to a blender. Whiz until combined.
Step 2. Over medium heat, heat butter in a frying pan. Add about 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancake. Fry on one side till they begin to bubble and flip to the other side.
Topping to Use for Perfect Keto Pancakes
Perfect Keto Pancakes are the ideal vehicle for all sorts of yummy toppings. Try a few of these:
- Cream cheese (yes, cream cheese on your keto cream cheese pancakes)
- Nut butters (peanut butter would be especially good)
- Sugar-free syrup
- Toasted coconut
- Toasted nuts
- Low-carb fruits such as raspberries or blackberries
No Carb Keto Pancakes?
Perfect keto pancakes aren’t quite ‘no carb,’ but close. Each pancake contains only 2g net carbs. (Find out the rest of the nutritional info on the handy nutrition label below the recipe.)
Enjoy These Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
These easy Perfect Keto Pancakes will save you from eating eggs for breakfast yet again. My friend sure does love them – in fact, she told me she sometimes eats them four or five mornings a week. And she’s still losing weight because she’s able to stick to her diet. Pancakes for weight loss… who knew?
Here is how to make these keto cream cheese pancakes. Please do try them and if you do make them then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Thank you for reading my Perfect Keto Pancakes recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
These Perfect Keto Pancakes are yummy and easy to make.
- 72 g almond flour
- 115 g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
- Butter for frying
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add about 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancakes.
- Fry on one side till they begin to bubble and turn over and fry on the other side.
- Serve warm and top with desired toppings.