In my afternoon tea world there are only a few things better than
lemon and cardamom together,
in warm scones,
all washed down with some rich milky tea.
Just add in a kindle and a blanket and all is right with the world.
Here is my cardamom and lemon scones recipes. Enjoy.
Here are some other recipes from around the web you might like.
Pumpkin pie with cinnamon and cardamom from Rough Measures.
Caraway seed muffins from A Mummy Too.
Chocolate and cardamom biscuits from Sew White.
Orange, ginger and cardamom loaf cake from Franglais Kitchen.
Marzipan and pistachio cardamom buns from Baking Queen 74.
Cardamom cake from Supper In The Surburbs.
Lemon and Cardamom Scones
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400C / gas 6.
- Mix together flour, sugar and salt and place in a food processor. Add in the cold butter and whizz until it reaches a breadcrumb consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and ground cardamom. Make a well in the centre, pour in the milk and mix into a dough. Knead for a minute to combine all the ingredients.
- Then transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat out till the mixture is about 2cm thick. Cut out 6cm rounds using a pastry cutter. You might need to reform the trimming and cut out a few more.
- Place the scones onto a lightly flowered baking tray, brush them with some milk and bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with some clotted cream and jam.
Recipe NotesAdapted from Waitrose Kitchen.