Guys, I am having a little love affair with summer right now and I want to just hang out by the barbeque or campfire, relax and tuck into beyond easy to make eats. So when it comes to cooking I have been turning to these Shrimp Foil Packs which are just right.
It has been amazingly hot recently, and if you live in a currently hot place then you need some relief from stovetop cooking. So, I have been whipping us up a few ‘beat the heat’ recipes.
Yeap, these Shrimp Foil Packs packed with veggies will save you from your stovetop. Oh and that extra dollop of butter you can add before grilling makes this recipe even more amazing. Plus these are gluten free and low carb too.
The great thing about this foil packet is that it easy to throw together, immensely adaptable, with different veggies, cooks quickly, is a complete meal and clean up after is non-existent. Who needs to be washing up endless plates when you can use that extra time to catch up right.
Shrimp Foil Packets Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
How to Make Shrimp Foil Packets
Emm helloooooo and welcome to eeeeeeeeeeasy. Are you ready? Then grab your ingredients and let’s do this thing.
- Light up the grill.
- Mix together the shrimp, courgette (zucchini), peppers and cherry tomatoes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients and coat the shrimp veggie mix.
- Split the shrimp mix across 4 sheets of aluminum foil.
- Fold edges of foil up around the food into a closed foiled packet.
- And grill away…..
A Few Things About This Shrimp Foil Packet
- It can also be cooked in the oven (because face it, the weather is going to change).
- Feel free to substitute the veggies with other quick cooking veggies like green beans, asparagus, spring onions,
- Cut courgettes (zucchini) small or they won’t cook through in 15 mins. If you prefer bigger cut veggies then you can first cook the veggies for 5 mins before adding in the shrimp and cooking as normal.
- Change the spices according to your taste. Cumin, coriander, chopped herbs, chilli all work too.
How Long to Grill Shrimp Foil Packs
Now this depends on your temperature and the size of your shrimp and veggies. I suggest about 15 mins for larger shrimps (turning the packs after about 10 mins to cook on the other side). After this, you can see how cooked the shrimps are and easily cook them for an extra few mins if needed.
Shrimp Foil Packets In the Oven
Making it in the oven is just as easy. Follow the recipe above through to step 5. The add the packets to the oven and bake until the shrimps are cooked through and the veggies are tender.
Shrimp Foil Packs For Camping
I have waxed lyrical about how these are great for camping but I want to say this once more. They cook quickly so are great for this. You can prep the veggies and marinade ahead of time and set these up in the foil pack. Keep the shrimps cool and add in just before you want to cook these.
What to Serve with Shrimp Foil Packets
Weight Watchers Points in Shrimp Foil Packets
If you omit the optional 1.5 tsp butter, there are 2 Freestyle points per serving.
Thank you for reading my Shrimp Foil Packets recipe. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
**This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Get The Shrimp Foil Packets Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Shrimp Foil Packet! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Shrimp Foil Packet
For the Shrimp foil packets:
- 250 g of uncooked deveined shrimps
- 2 courgettes zucchini cut into half moons
- 2 peppers deseeded and chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes cut in half or left whole
- 1.5 tsp of butter optional
For the marinade:
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Light up the campfire or preheat the oven to fan assisted 200C / 220C / 425 F / gas 7.
- Add the shrimp, courgette (zucchini), peppers and cherry tomatoes into a bowl.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and add to the shrimp mix and mix until combined.
- Split the shrimp mix across 4 sheets of aluminum foil and split the butter (if using) across the packet.
- Fold edges of foil up around the food to form a closed foiled packet.
- If grilling on a campfire or grill, then cook the shrimps foil packets for about 10 mins on one side, then turn over and cook for 5-6 mins on the other side or until the shrimps are pink and cooked through.
- If cooking in the oven, then cook for 15-20 mins until the shrimps are pink and cooked through.