These colourful Watermelon Skewers with a balsamic reduction drizzle are a quick and easy Watermelon Appetizer, salad on a stick or side perfect for BBQs, Game Day, Picnic, outdoor eating and more. No hot summer day gathering is complete without this colourful treat.
Suitable for gluten-free diets. Post includes Weight Watchers Points.
Any melon addicts in this corner of the internet today? If yes, then these colourful Melon Skewers have your name all over them. And if no, then read on anyway and see if I can convince you to drop everything to whip up these gorgeous Watermelon Appetizers.
Guys whenever I think about making quick, easy, colourful and fun recipes, the first thing that spring to mind are these Healthy Watermelon Skewers. Because let’s face it – wouldn’t you rather spend less time cooking and more time having fun and eating?
These easy fruit skewers are a great summer recipe. The fact that they are healthy too, and look stunning with little or no effort, is only a bonus right?
Why You Will Love These Watermelon Skewers
- These fruit skewers are so simple to make – with 5 easy ingredients.
- It is so easy that you can set the kiddoes to make this whilst you whip up and taste all the ‘required’ cocktails.
- These can be made ahead – simply add the balsamic drizzles just before serving.
- You can triple or quadruple the recipe to feed a crowd. #winningealready.
- The make a fab summer appetizer skewers.
- These watermelon skewers are very portable to take along to your picnic, BBQ, drinks party, potluck, etc.
- They are super adaptable – see some suggestions below
- They are suitable for gluten-free and low carb diets.
Watermelon Skewers Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
- Cutting board
- Handy wooden skewers.
- These awesome measuring jugs or cups.
- Bowls with covers.
- For storing your leftover food.
How To Make Watermelon Skewers
- Assemble the ingredients.
- Grab the wooden skewers.
Assemble ingredients on the skewers, alternating between them in any order you like
Drizzle on some balsamic glaze and top with extra basil leaves and serve the watermelon skewers
Watermelon Appetizers Tips
Here are some tips to make your Watermelon Appetizers even easier to whip up and eat
- Try and cut the watermelon cubes and other melon cubes to the same size.
- Feel free to use store-bought melon balls instead – these Watermelon Skewers are all about making your life quick and easy.
- You can use a toothpick to make smaller sized Melon Prosciutto Skewers.
- You can use Parma ham if you prefer.
- Feel free to whip this up as a salad instead of on skewers.
Patriotic Watermelon Skewers
To make these patriotic skewers, use watermelon, mozzarella pearls and blueberries. So easy and so delicious.
Watermelon Skewers Variations
- You can use different kinds of melon or only one kind if you prefer.
- Feel free to add in other fruit, vegetables and herbs like cucumbers, berries and mint leaf.
- You can use a pesto drizzle instead of balsamic glaze.
Watermelon Feta Skewers
Prefer to make Watermelon Feta Skewers instead? You certainly can. Simply swap out the mozzarella for some cubed feta cheese. But a quick note – feta is really crumbly so do get more feta than you think you need as you will loose some feta.
More Watermelon Recipes
Watermelon, Basil, and Strawberry Infused Water.
Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie.
More Summer Recipes
Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans.
Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers.
How To Tell If A Watermelon Is Ripe
You definitely want to use a ripe watermelon in this recipes and here is how to tell if yours is ripe and ready
- Yellow spot – Look to see if it has a big yellow spot underneath the watermelon. If it is yellow then it is ripe. The field spot is where the watermelon touches the ground as it grows.
- Hollow sound. Tap your watermelon. If it sounds hollow then it is ripe.
Weight Watchers Points in Watermelon Skewers
There are 2 Freestyle points in a serving of Melon Prosciutto Skewers.
Thank you for reading my watermelon skewers with basil recipe post. And please visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Watermelon Skewers Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Watermelon Skewers! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 1/2 small watermelon peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 Galia melon peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 slices of prosciutto roughly torn and folded
- 32 mozzarella pearls drained
- handful of basil leaves
- balsamic glaze
- Soak 16 wooden skewers for at least 30 mins.
- Thread each skewer with watermelon, cantaloupe, Galia melon, prosciutto, mozzarella, and basil in the order you prefer.
- Place completed skewers on a serving tray, drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with extra basil leaves.
- Feel free to use different kinds of melon or only one kind if you prefer.
- Try and cut the melon cubes to the same size.
- Feel free to use store-bought melon balls instead - these Watermelon Skewers are all about making your life quick and easy.
- Feel free to add in other fruit, vegetables and herbs like cucumbers, berries and mint.
- You can use a toothpick to make smaller sized melon prosciutto skewers.
- You can use parma ham if you prefer.
- Feel free to whip this up as a salad instead of on skewers.
Why couldn’t I have the same or similar opinions as you? T^T I hope you also visit my blog and give us a good opinion. slotsite
Lovely recipe. quick, easy and delicious.
Wow! These are so colorful and so easy to make! I love your recipe, and I included it in my round-up post of Best No-Bake appetizer recipes!
An easy make ahead snack that tastes great on a hot summer day. Love how everyone can enjoy since it is low carb and gluten free. Pinned
Melon, prosciutto and mozzarella go so well together, like the mix of melons here for variety and colors. Perfect for a summer get together!
How wonderful! Love how you got that beautiful blend of sweet and salty on those skewers!
This looks so fresh and delicious for spring/summer – can’t wait to make this!! Looks scrumptious.
I needed the tip to choose a perfectly ripe watermelon so badly, your tip is so amazing and those are the perfect, easy cute colorful skewers for summer time.
What a wonderful combination of flavors! I know these will be a huge hit.