This incredibly easy to make Crock Pot Bread Pudding is upgraded to a creamy Pumpkin Bread Pudding with lots of pecans. It is perfect for breakfast, dessert and to use up leftover pumpkin puree.
Why not check out this Crockpot Christmas Candy, Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake and Crockpot Granola and Crockpot Pumpkin Butter.
Pumpkin season (helloooo Fall) is slowly creeping upon us and I fully intend to throw myself into the pumpkin in this, pumpkin in that and pumpkin in EVERY SINGLE THING madness that comes with it. Starting with this Crock Pot Bread Pudding with lots and lots and lots of pumpkin in it. Are you with me?
To be honest pumpkin season never stops in my kitchen and I could and do make curried pumpkin soup a couple of times a month along with a gazillion other pumpkin recipes but with Fall comes the actual excuse to make a lot of new recipes. Plus, anything to use up leftover pumpkin puree is a win.
Plus, we all need easier slow cooker desserts in our lives and this one is seriously easy to make. Which puts it firmly in the great weeknight dessert/ideal make-ahead recipe / and one of the go-to crockpot desserts territory.
You only need a few pantry staple ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep and layering to whip up this luscious breakfast and dessert. And this is one that the kiddoes can whip up entirely by themselves.
I say yes to a bowl full of sweet pumpkiny bread with lovey pecans and syrup drizzled all over it.
Why You’ll Love This
Let’s talk why you NEED to make this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding. And I don’t say the word need lightly. It is because it is the best Bread Pudding Recipe EVER.
- It tastes amazing and is budget friendly..
- It is a simple recipe made with everyday staples
- It takes just 5 minutes of prep – yeap, 5 minutes.
- Your crockpot does all the hard work for you.
- The perfect dessert that works for breakfast too.
- It’s a crowd feeding stunner – simply double it and serve it up
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
- Measuring jugs or cups.
- Measuring teaspoons.
- Mixing bowls.
- Bowls with covers.
- Store leftover food in these bowls.
Ready to learn how to make this bread pudding crockpot? Then gather up those ingredients and I will show you…..
How To Make Crock Pot Bread Pudding With Pumpkin
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Step1. Lightly oil or spray the inside of your crockpot.
- Step 2. Add the cubed bread and the pecans.
- Step 3. In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla essence until combined.
- Step 4. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and mix using a spatula till the bread is well coated.
- Step 5. Press the bread mix down to flatten it a bit and then cover the slow-cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hrs or until a skewer inserted in comes out clean.
How To Make Bread Pudding In The Oven
If you prefer to make this Pumpkin Bread pudding in the oven then you can. Here is how.
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350F / fan-assisted 160C /180C / gas 4.
- Step 2. Assemble the bread pudding in an oven dish.
- Step 3. Bake in the preheated for 45 minutes.
- If your bread is not stale simply cut it and bake at 180C / 350F for 5 mins and let cool before using.
- Add more sugar if you have a sweeter tooth.
- If you don’t have pumpkin puree you can use butternut squash or sweet potato puree instead.
- You can easily double the recipe, just make sure your slow cooker in large enough to hold it all.
- Vary the spices – you can use other spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cardamom to you preference.
- Vary the nuts – Use other nuts like peeled almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or macadamia.
- Add fruit – add in some raisins, sultanas, cranberries etc.
- Add sweetness – mix in a bit of maple syrup, honey, caramel etc.
Refrigerate – keep leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
What Kind of Bread Is Best?
To make the best bread pudding recipe you will need the right type of bread. You should use bread that is
- Firm – so that it soaks up the egg mixture and cooks without falling apart.
- A Whole loaf – as you want to be able to cut the cubes to the size you want (as if cut too small they may fall apart when cooked).
- Stale – as this helps it keep its shape during cooking.
The three breads I recommend as a great starting point are a French baguette (which is what this recipe uses), Brioche or a Challah loaf. Try all three and see which one you prefer.
Make Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding Instead
Well that is super easy to do. Swap the pumpkin puree for some apple puree and a few apple pieces and use cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice.
That is the beauty of this recipe. You can serve it with aaaaaaall the sweet things you like, but here are a few suggestions to start you off.
- Instant Pot Applesauce.
- Ice Cream.
- Whipped Cream.
- Coconut Caramel Sauce.
- Maple Syrup.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Here are a few more slow cooker recipes to satisfy the cravings in you.
- Crockpot Christmas Candy.
- Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake.
- Crockpot Pumpkin Butter.
- Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly Sauce.
- Crockpot Granola.
- Crockpot French Toast.
More Pumpkin Recipes
I got your back with these easy pumpkin recipes.
Thank you for reading my Crockpot Bread Pudding recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice, and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes, and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Originally published August 2018
Get The Slow Cooker Bread Pudding With Pumpkin Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 1 day old French loaf was 6 cups or 300 g
- 6 tbsp chopped pecans
- 15 oz (425g) tin of pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cup heavy cream double cream
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Lightly spray the inside of your 4 quart crockpot with cooking spray or lightly oil it
- Add the cubed bread followed by the pecans.
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla essence until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and mix using a spatula till the bread is well coated.
- Press the bread mix down to flatten it a bit and then cover the slow-cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hrs or until a skewer inserted in comes out clean.
More Slow Cooker RecipesHere are a few more slow cooker recipes to satisfy the cravings in you.
- Crockpot Christmas Candy.
- Crockpot Meatballs With Grape Jelly Sauce.
- Crockpot Granola.
- Crockpot French Toast.
Great effort! Thanks for sharing this type of post.
Download VidMate App (APK) latest version 2020 in Official Website
Wonderful and interesting post, thanks for making me think
Great job !
Simple way to crypto https://simple.app/!
Now everything happens faster – from the first meeting with the chosen one in real life to the first kiss and the first night, there is only one step. Good or bad is a question that is best left to professional milf hookup philosophers. One has to reckon with the fact that the very concept of adult relationships has changed. And it has changed, not least because of the speed of life, the pandemic, and the ability to compensate for the lack of live communication on the Internet online.
Oriental brides are full of surprises! If you are ready to meet a girl who will love you for who you are, then our database is the only place you need to be! Oriental women are generally well-known for being incredibly beautiful. Their eyes are typically dark brown or black with long https://filipino-women.net/ eyelashes, while their hair color is either black, brown, or bright red. Their complexion is generally fair or golden. Local women are generally slender with well-proportioned bodies that are well-balanced, without being too thin or excessively overweight. They usually have vibrant smiles and appear youthful even when they grow older.