Easy sausage rolls
Oh guys. Let’s talk about these easy sausage rolls. Oh. Yes. Please. Let’s.
Let’s talk about those delicious pork and leek sausages. Perfect for summer barbeques, long lazy picnics and good old warming casseroles. Let’s talk rocket, here, there, everywhere and finding its way into all my dishes as the moment because I love it. And because I can.
Let’s talk golden, flaky melt in the mouth puff pastry liberally covered in nutty white and black sesame seeds.
Then let’s put all those things together into these absolutely perfect easy sausage rolls. Just close your eyes and imagine that first bite.
Yeap, they are absolutely perfect.
Thank you for reading my Easy Sausage Rolls recipe post. And please visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for reading Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get the Easy Sausage Rolls Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Easy Sausage Rolls! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Easy Sausage Rolls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pork sausages
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 320 g (11oz) sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil a lined baking tray.
- Split the sausage skins, remove the meat and add to the mixing bowl along with the oats. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the thawed pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and cut into half lengthways.
- Shape half the sausage mix into a sausage and lay in the centre of the pastry sheet, all along the length of it.
- Brush the edges of the pastry sheet with the egg and roll the pastry so that it encloses the meat, forming a long sausage roll and use a fork to seal the join.
- Cut into 8 equal sized pieces (or 4 large ones if you prefer).
- Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet and sausage mix.
- Transfer the sausage rolls onto the baking tray, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins until golden and cooked through.