Spring is in the air. Birds are chirping and the grass is growing. And if your house is anything like mine, springtime means you are busier than ever. Somehow our spring months are filled to the brim with appointments, deadlines, and various events to attend. Not to mention the fact that we need to finalise our summer holiday plans now. When things get this hectic, even the most dedicated foodies like myself want to throw in the (kitchen) towel and just order takeaway.
But friends, don’t fret. Today I am sharing with you my secret for making no-fuss, great-tasting midweek meals for busy couples. All you need are Ginsters Bake in Tray Cornish Pasties (I opted for the 2-pack, but they also come in a 4-pack) and a super quick, super easy side dish. Like this recipe for deliciously fresh Mint and Pea Soup. Pair these up and you and yours will be tucking into a warm, comforting meal that is ready in less than 35 mins. Yeap. Midweek meals for 2 just got a whoooooole lot easier!
Midweek Meals Made Easy
When my OH and I are facing busy schedules, it is suuuuuuch a relief knowing that we’ve got Ginsters Cornish Pasties stashed in the fridge. These delectable Cornish Pasties are filled with farm assured British beef, local potato, swede and onion. Wrapped in layers (80, to be exact) of light puff pastry, Ginsters Bake in Tray Cornish Pasties are conveniently ready to serve in just minutes.
My winning formula for a hassle-free midweek dinner for 2: Ginsters Cornish Pasties + Mint and Pea Soup = YUM.
And, this particular pea soup recipe is so versatile it works equally well whether you make it with fresh peas or frozen peas. I used local peas that I picked from our fields last year and froze, plus fresh mint leaves plucked from the garden. Delish. But, you can even make this pea soup using canned peas as well. Easy Peasy! (see what I did there?!) Yeap, this Mint and Pea soup is quick, easy and full of flavour. It really is the ideal accompaniment.
So, are you ready to learn just how easy it is to make this recipe for Mint and Pea Soup? Then gather your ingredients and I will show you….
How To Make Mint and Pea Soup
- Heat a soup pot and add cumin seeds. Toast for about 1 min until they are fragrant.
- Quickly add in the oil. When warm, add the onion and garlic. Fry for about 1 min, until soft.
- Add water and peas. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 8 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mint. Then allow to cool down.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into mugs or bowls and serve with Ginsters Cornish Pasties.
Pea Soup For Midweek Meal Prep
Healthy and easy side dishes like this Mint and Pea Soup recipe are an ideal meal prep solution. You can whip up a batch – or even 2 – ahead of time, and store it in individual meal prep containers. Such a great way to have perfectly portioned servings ready to use throughout the week.
And don’t forget to stock up on Ginsters Bake in Tray Cornish Pasties to go with your pea soup. They can also be frozen for added meal prep convenience.
Perfect for busy couples, the 2-Pack Bake in Tray Cornish Pasties are available at Co-op and Tesco for RRP £2.00. And if you’re feeding a family, the 4-Pack Bake in Tray is available nationwide at various stores for RRP £3.75.
Pea Soup WW Points
There is just 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint in a serving of Mint and Pea Soup.
More About Ginsters
Before we get to baking the pasties, let me tell you a little more about Ginsters and their utterly delicious Cornish Pasties. A true taste of Cornwall, the pasties are made with 100% British farmed beef and vegetables sourced from Hay Farm on the Rame Peninsula (whenever possible), just 15 miles from their bakery.
These convenient Bake in Tray Pasties contain the highest quality ingredients and no artificials, so you can easily enjoy a properly tasty midweek meal without compromising on ingredients, quality and flavour.
How To Bake Ginsters Cornish Pasties
It really is sooooo simple to prepare Ginsters Bake in Tray Cornish Pasties. All that’s needed is to follow these easy steps:
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Fan 160 C / Gas 4.
- Remove the outer sleeve and take the plastic film off.
- Place tray on middle rack of oven. Bake for 20-25 min, or 30-35 mins if your pasties are frozen.
- Take pasties out of oven, serve and enjoy!
In addition to this Mint and Pea Soup, Ginsters Cornish Pasties are also delicious served with:
Want to learn more about Ginsters and how their industry-first oven-ready pasties all began? Go to https://www.ginsters.co.uk/ or follow them on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Thank you for reading my Mint and Pea Soup recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Mint and Pea Soup Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Mint and Pea Soup! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Mint and Pea Soup
Make Your Mint and Pea Soup
- Heat the pot and toast the cumin seeds for about 1 min until they are fragrant.
- Then quickly add in the oil, and when warm add in the onion and garlic. Fry for about 1 min, until soft. Feel free to add in a couple of tbsp of water to help cook the vegetables.
- Add the peas and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8 mins.
- Remove from heat, stir in the mint and let the soup cool.
- Purée the soup, then add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup alongside Ginster's Cornish Pasties.
Mint and Pea Soup Recipe Tips
- Make this Mint and Pea Soup with fresh, frozen or even canned peas.
- You can easily add in another 100mls of water or stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
- Great for meal prep, make a batch (or 2!) of this Mint and Pea Soup and then store in individual meal prep jars or containers and use throughout the week.