It’s no secret I love soup. No – looooooove soup. This little food blog is filled with a gazillion soup recipes from West African Groundnut Spicy Chicken Soup to Five Spice Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup to Hoppin’ John Soup to Spicy Slowcooker Bean Soup (shall I keep going??).
For me, ‘soup season’ officially begins whenever it’s too cold outside for a swim (which is far too often here in the UK), giving me a lengthy period of time to make my soup favourites as well as experiment with another 10 or 20 more. (I told you I really like soup.)
Since acquiring my Instant Pot Duo (BEST DECISION EVER, guys) I have been going craaaazy with Instant Pot recipes, including Instant Pot soup recipes. (Do try my Instant Pot Potato Soup – it’s a good one.) I made this soup a few weeks back when we were snowed in.
Whilst the rest of the family played outside all day like normal snow-loving folks, I came inside early and started whipping up chillis (like Chicken Chilli and White Chicken Chili) and soups (like this Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles) as any normal food blogger would do. (Erm maybe not – but it was a good excuse to come inside to the warm fire.)
It was time well spent because everything turned out soooo well. Especially this fab Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles (aka Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup).
Why You’re Going to Love Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles
- Perfectly seasoned chicken breast fillets pressure-cooked in the Instant Pot until they shred like butter with a fork
- Hearty spaghetti noodles cooked in the seasoned chicken broth, infusing them with loads of flavour
Perfectly seasoned chicken breast fillets + hearty spaghetti noodles = a match made in foodie heaven. Oh and don’t forget the best part:
- It’s made in the Instant Pot which means it is soooooo easy to make. (Very important if you or a loved one are under the weather and you want to make chicken noodle soup to feel better.)
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
- 8 qt Instant Pot.
- 3 qt Instant Pot or 6 qt Instant Pot depending on family size.
- Cutting board.
- Measuring jugs or cups.
- Measuring teaspoons.
- Sea Salt Flakes <= amazing salt that makes your food taste good.
- Bowls with covers.
- Store leftover soup in these bowls.
Now let’s get on to how to make this pressure cooker chicken soup.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Step 1. Choose the sauté setting of your Instant Pot and add in the oil in the insert.
- Step 2. Add in the onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 5 mins.
- Step 3. Then add in the chicken fillets, dried herbs, caraway seeds, garlic, ginger, rosemary, and chicken stock and season with the best ever sea salt flakes and pepper.
- Step 4. Close the lid, seal, set to manual and high pressure and set the timer to 10 mins.
- Step 5. Once done, then do a quick release, unlock and remove chicken from the Instant Pot. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Step 6. Select the sauté setting, add in the pasta and sauté for 11-12 mins depending on your pasta.
- Step 7. Switch off the heat and stir in the chicken, lemon or soy sauce and fresh cilantro…
- … remove from Instant Pot, garnish and serve.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles
- Tip 1. Vary spices to taste. You can use cardamom, cloves, star anise, etc.
- Tip 2. You could use water instead of stock but might need to increase the herbs and spices.
- Tip 3. Add extra chicken stock if you like more liquid.
- Tip 4. You could use leftover shredded chicken if you have it on hand. Add the spices directly to the chicken broth, cook the pasta in the broth and then add the chicken.
- Tip 5. Use homemade chicken stock if you can – it will make a big difference in flavor. (You can use leftover stock from making an Instant Pot Whole Chicken, Instant Pot Chicken Thighs or Instant Pot Chicken Breast.)
- Tip 6. Try adding 25g butter (1/4 stick) to Step 3 for a richer flavor.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles
Whilst a hearty bowl of chicken noodle soup can easily be the main dish, you can also pair pressure cooker chicken noodle soup with:
- Grilled Comté Cheese Sandwich with Orange and Honey Walnuts and Cranberry Sauce
- Spring Onion and Bacon Cornbread
What do you like to serve with your pressure cooker chicken soup?
Can I make Gluten-Free Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles?
Yeap, it’s easy. To make gluten-free chicken noodle soup, make the following changes:
- Sub the spaghetti with gluten-free spaghetti (be sure to adjust pasta cook time accordingly in step 5).
- Make sure to use lemon juice instead of soy sauce (or you could use a gluten-free soy sauce substitution like a Tamari-style soy sauce that is specifically marked gluten-free or coconut aminos).
How to Freeze Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- For this to work, you need to freeze the soup without the noodles.
- Let the soup cool down then transfer into these very handy Ziploc freezer bags.
- Squeeze out all the extra air and seal the bags.
- Label the bags and then lay them flat in the freezer.
- Store the soup in the freezer for 3 months.
How to Thaw Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Remove the soup from the freezer the night before needed and let it thaw in the fridge.
- For a faster thaw, you can add the bagged soup into a microwave and thaw according to the microwave’s instructions.
- Transfer the thawed soup into a bowl and reheat in a microwave.
- Or transfer the thawed soup into a saucepan and reheat over low to medium heat.
Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles
- 6 Freestyle points per serving
- 9 PointsPlus points per serving
Why Does Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Make Me Feel better?
Guys I just had to share this with you because I thought it was so fun. I found this article from a hospital that answers the question ‘Why Do We Eat Chicken Noodle Soup When We’re Sick?’ Some of the reasons they give for why chicken noodle soup makes us feel better:
- The warm liquid can help clear nasal congestion and hydrate us.
- The onions, carrots, and celery contain immune-boosting nutrients like Vitamin C.
- The protein in the chicken is immune system-supportive.
Yeap, whipping up a big pot of Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles sounds like a pretty good plan to me. (Even if you’re not under the weather, a little immune system boost couldn’t hurt, right?)
So there you have it. A perfect (and perfectly easy) recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles. Sooo easy, sooo good, sooo filling and sooo good for you.
If you have any questions about making the perfect pressure cooker chicken soup in the Instant Pot that I haven’t answered here, please do leave them in the comments.
The Ultimate Guide to the Instant Pot
To learn everything you need to know about the Instant Pot, check my Instant Pot Review – The Ultimate Guide to the Instant Pot post.
And don’t forget to visit The Ultimate List of Easy Instant Pot Recipes!
Thank you for reading my Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Here is how to make this pressure cooker chicken noodle soup recipe. Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
**This post contains affiliate links.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 675 g (1.5 lb) chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp dried Herbes de Provence
- 1.5 tsp caraway seed
- 0.5 tsp minced garlic
- 0.5 tsp minced ginger
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 225 g (8 oz) spaghetti, broken into 2 or 3 portions
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice or soy sauce
- Lemon slices and chopped coriander cilantro to garnish
- Choose the sauté setting of your Instant Pot and add in the oil in the insert.
- Add in the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 5 mins.
- Then, add in the chicken fillets, dried herbs, caraway seeds, garlic, ginger, rosemary, and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid, seal, set to manual and high pressure and set timer to 10 mins.
- Once done, then do a quick release, unlock and remove chicken from the Instant Pot. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Select the sauté setting, add in the pasta and sauté for 11-12 mins depending on your pasta.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the chicken, lemon or soy sauce and coriander and serve.
- 6 Freestyle points per serving
- 9 PointsPlus points per serving