Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are so quick and easy to make! Freshly baked cookies are a beloved snack and dessert, and it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up these delicious air fryer cookies.
Suitable for vegetarian diets. Post includes Weight Watchers Points.
These Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are the quickest and easiest Air Fryer Cookies you will ever make. Crunchy on the edges, soft in the middle, and filled with chocolate chips in every bite.
AKA these best chocolate chip cookies are the perfect everyday treat. A freshly baked, warm chocolate chip cookie really is a beloved after-school snack or weeknight dessert. Just like these kid-approved Air Fried Oreos and other baked goods like Air Fryer Cupcakes.
This post shows you how to make these delicious air fryer chocolate chip cookies from scratch but if you prefer you can use a premade dough or store bought mix too.
Can You Cook Cookies In An Air Fryer?
YES! Making chocolate chip cookies in an air fryer is a great way to free up your oven for all the other things you need to make or avoid turning on the oven altogether.
Other sweet treats you can bake in the air fryer include muffins, pop tarts, and donuts, and these delicious Air Fryer Brownie Mix Cookies and colorful Air Fryer 4th of July Cookies. So many possibilities!
What’s even better about this recipe is that you can simply start with your favorite store-bought cookie mix. Or make it even easier and use your preferred slice and bake cookie dough. Prefer to make your own homemade cookie dough from scratch? Go right ahead! #yourcookiesyourway.
Why Make This Recipe
- Quick – You’ll have this easy dessert ready with less than 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Easy – Baking cookies without having to use the oven is so easy.
- Portable – Chocolate chip cookies are an awesome portable family-friendly snack.
- Pantry recipe – Made with basic pantry and refrigerator staples. And if using store-bought dough, the basic recipe requires only 2 simple ingredients!
- Small batch – You can adjust the amount down and make only as few cookies as you need.
- Butter – Use salted melted butter that has been slightly cooled. If you use unsalted butter, you would need to add some salt.
- Sugar – This recipe calls for light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar will also work. Make sure the measuring cup is lightly packed.
- Yolk – Use one large egg yolk.
- Flavoring – Use your favorite pure vanilla extract.
- Flour – This recipe calls for all purpose flour.
- Baking soda – Sift the baking soda with the flour, if possible.
- Chocolate – Use milk chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or roughly chopped chocolate.
Using Premade Dough
- Pre-made refrigerated dough mix.
- Chocolate chips.
So, are you ready to learn how to make cookies in Air Fryer? Gather up your ingredients, and I will show you…
How To Make Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
To Make From Scratch
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C.
- Whisk together the unsalted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl, until well combined. You can do this with an electric hand mixer on medium speed.
- Next, add the egg yolk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and baking soda and combine until the flour is incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks or chips and stir until they are fully incorporated.
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper and use a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out 6 cookie dough balls. Make sure to leave a couple of inches between them to allow for maximum air circulation.
- Air fry cookies for 6-8 minutes, or until they are golden brown with crispy edges.
- Take the basket out of the air fryer and let the cookies rest for a few minutes to set before removing them from the basket.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool, and repeat the process with any remaining dough.
To Make Using Pre-Made Dough
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Start with pre-made cookie dough, or use a cookie mix and prepare according to the package instructions.
- Split the dough into 8 small or 4 large cookies.
- Line the air fryer basket or tray with parchment paper, then place cookies on top, leaving space between cookies as they will spread.
- Press a few extra chocolate chips into each of the cookies, if using.
- Bake between 5 minutes (small cookies) and 8 minutes (larger cookies), then take out and let cool on a wire rack.
Tips For Success
- Press a few extra chocolate chips on the top of the cookies once they are in the air fryer, so you get the gooey melted chocolate look.
- You can make this recipe with slice and bake cookie dough or a mix.
- These cookies spread during baking, so it is important to leave room between them.
- If you have a basket style air fryer, you may need to bake in batches depending on the size.
- Space the cookies evenly on the parchment paper so it is flat and does not bunch up when baking.
- If you have time, you can chill the dough in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or even up to a day before baking.
- If you don’t have air fryer parchment paper liners, use normal parchment paper that you poke a few holes in before baking.
- Make sure the parchment paper is weighed down before air frying. Never ever use parchment paper by itself, as this can cause a fire.
- Larger cookies may need a little bit more baking time.
- Since air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, I recommend starting with less time, checking for doneness, and then adding more time as needed.
Prep Ahead and Storage
- Prep Ahead – Prep uncooked dough in advance by following these steps;
- Follow the steps for making a batch of cookie dough from scratch.
- To Store in the fridge, shape the dough into a log, wrap tightly in parchment paper, and refrigerate. When ready to bake, simply slice the dough into discs and place in air fryer.
- To store in the freezer, shape and freeze on a parchment-lined baking sheet for a couple of hours. Then remove and freeze in an airtight container for 2 to 3 months.
- Store – Cool completely and store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze – Yes, it is possible to freeze your baked cookies. Here’s how to do it;
- Freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet after they cool down.
- Once frozen, you can transfer them into a ziploc bag, label and store flat for up to 4 weeks.
- Use different cookie dough – use your favorite cookie recipe and follow the baking steps to make oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies, or even a double chocolate chip cookie in the air fryer.
- Add different mix-ins – customize these cookies with your favorite add-ins. Mix in some extra milk chocolate chips, chopped nuts, raisins, pumpkin seeds, or shredded coconut.
To ensure the baked chocolate chip cookies set, remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the cookies to sit for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can either roll it into a log and then freeze and slice as needed, or scoop and form into balls before freezing.
Yes, you absolutely can. Frozen unbaked cookies can go directly from freezer to the air fryer basket basket. Just add another 1-2 minutes to your total baking time.
Feel free to use aluminum foil instead of parchment, just make sure it is weighted down too.
Cooking time depends on your air fryer and. the size of the cookies. Typically these will bake in 5-7 minutes, at 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C. I recommend starting with less time, then checking for doneoness and cooking more as needed. Remember these will set more as they cool, so you want to avoid over-baking.
More Recipes You May Like
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts.
- Air Fryer Donuts.
- Air Fryer Beignets.
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips.
- Air Fryer 4th of July Cookies.
- Instant Pot Brownies.
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls.
More Easy Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Pistachio Pudding Cookies.
- Air Fryer Churros.
- Air Fryer Brownie Mix Cookies.
- Air Fryer Gluten Free Chocolate Cake.
- Air Fryer Cadbury Creme Egg Pie.
- Air Fryer Cannoli.
- Air Fryer Hand Pies.
And, be sure to check out all my other Air Fryer Recipes!
I love serving these warm chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk or with a scoop of ice cream.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
My Air Fryer Accessories Picks
Thank you for reading my Air Fried Cookies recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Get The Air Fryer Cookie Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) salted butter melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup (65g) brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup (96g) flour
- ½ cup (56g) chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 8 ounces (200g) cookie dough
- ⅛ cup (19g) chocolate chips optional
To Make From Scratch:
- Preheat Air Fryer to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Sift baking soda and flour, add to the wet ingredients, and mix just until no large lumps remain.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks until fully incorporated.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and use a spoon or cookie scoop to portion out 6 cookie dough balls. Place them at least 2-inches a part in the air fryer basket ( don’t overcrowd!).
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool. Repeat steps to use up any remaining cookie dough.
To Use Pre-made Dough:
- Preheat Air Fryer to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C.
- Split the dough into 8 small cookies or 4 large cookies.
- Press the extra chocolate chips into the cookies, if using.
- Line the air fryer basket or tray with air fryer parchment paper, then place cookies on paper, leaving space between cookies as they will spread.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.
- Place cookies on a wire rack to cool, then serve and enjoy!
- Press a few extra chocolate chips on the top of the cookie dough in the Air Fryer before baking, so you get the gooey melted chocolate look.
- You can make this recipe with slice and bake cookie dough instead of a mix.
- You might need to bake these in 2 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Space the cookies evenly on the parchment paper so it does not bunch up when baking.
- If you don’t have air fryer parchment paper then use normal parchment paper that you poke holes in before baking.
- Since Air Fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, I recommend starting with less time, checking for doneness, and then adding more time as needed.