These pumpkin pie spiced cashew streusel topped granola muffins are the ‘hellooooooooooooo where have you been all my life’ breakfast muffins. They are the ‘why did I not make more of these sooner as they make getting out of bed easier’ kind of muffins.
They are also the jazz up your lunch box and make your co-workers just that little bit envious muffins. They are filling but delicious, perfect hot or cold, not too sweet and not too cake-like. And their golden cashew streusel topping is just perfect. I could go on.
These cashew crumble granola muffins are pretty straightforward and easy to make from pantry staples like granola, cashews, flour, pumpkin pie spice and oranges. Plus, making them gave the kids a chance to play around with their current favourite gadget, aka the Redmond Smart Kitchen SkyScales, as they HAD to do all the weighing out followed by ALL the mixing. They had so much fun making these that they have asked to make these for the cousins Halloween breakfast get together. Result right?
I am liking my muffins simple like this, but feel free to add in other nuts, fruits and flavours to your taste. See the more christmasy cashew cranberry stresuel granola muffins version for a different idea.
PS – When you have a moment do pop over to the Redmond Smart Kitchen SkyScales website. They are fab as they can tell you the calorific and nutritional information in your meal as you weight out your ingredients. This means that you don’t have to spend ages working it out yourself especially when you are whipping up a more complex meal. And it does help you keep an eye on your calorie intake.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Pumpkin Pie Cashew Streusel Granola Muffins! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Pumpkin Pie Cashew Streusel Granola Muffins
- 175 g (1 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 100 g (2/3 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 100 g (1 cup) nutty granola
For the Cashew Streusel Topping
- 140 g (1 cup) cashews roughly chopped
- 50 g (1/2 cup) flour sifted
- 100 g (1 cup) granola
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4 and line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, milk, egg, orange juice, sugar and orange zest.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined, then quickly fold in the nutty granola.
- Divide the muffin batter equally into the muffin cases.
- Make the cashew cranberry streusel topping by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl and diving the topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 22 mins or until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins immediately to a rack to cool completely.