6 simple ingredients make up this full of flavour grilled pomegranate harissa chicken dish!! Suitable for Gluten-Free, Paleo and Keto diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
Remember I told you how over excited I have got about our new bbq?
Yes, no? Well I am. And I have spent the last few weeks perfecting quite a few bbq recipes (to come) including this grilled pomegranate harissa chicken for you. You have GOT to try it and tell me what you think.
The thing about this grilled pomegranate harissa chicken is that it is exactly what it says on the tin. 6 simple ingredients combined to make one full of flavour dish – one of the best grilled chicken recipes you could try this summer. Harissa paste, orange juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, a little bit of salt and the chicken. Yeap, that is it. Simples right?
Another great thing about this grilled chicken is that you don’t have to marinate it at all Simply fire up your BBQ, whip up the pomegranate harissa paste, slather it on and grill away. This chicken goes great with some quick yoghurt flatbreads, grilled avocados stuffed with veggie quinoa, a summer quinoa salad, an orange couscous or some ice cold ginger beer. You could also serve it with some jollof rice or baked plantains if you want to try something a little bit different.
We have some guest coming to stay this weekend. The kiddoes are pretty excited as this will involve some non-sleeping sleepovers. Even better for them is the possibility that said sleepovers could take place in the new 6-man tent that should arrive today. They have requested we have a weekend of bbqing.
I will pretend that this has nothing to do with the fact that at the end of every bbq, they get to toast marshmallows. Because I get to have the excuse to pull out the bbq and whip up a few things too. Win-win situation, right? PS if you are a chicken fanatic then please check out this Mustard baked chicken tenders from Diabetes Strong.
Whole Chicken in the Slowcooker – Try This Recipe
If you prefer to use your slow cooker then try this Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe (also suitable for Keto, Paleo, and Low Carb and Gluten-free diets). It is filled with lots of tips
More Chicken Recipes
Also please do check out my
And whilst you are at it you can also check out my Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipes.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS IN POMEGRANATE HARISSA CHICKEN
There are 6 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving.
Thank you for reading this grilled pomegranate harissa chicken recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, African recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
GET THE POMEGRANATE HARISSA CHICKEN RECIPE:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled Pomegranate Harissa Chicken! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled Pomegranate Harissa Chicken
- 1.5 tbsp Harissa Paste
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1.5 kg 3.3lb chicken, giblets removed
- Fire up the barbeque and wait till the coals are medium hot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the harissa, orange juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses and salt and set aside.
- Brush a little oil on the grill, then place the chicken breast side up on the coolest part of the barbeque. Make sure that there aren’t any coals directly under the chicken, you are trying to roast it, so it wants indirect heat. Remember, your barbecue is becoming an oven. After you have browned the skin, wrap the chicken in silver foil.
- Then close the barbeque lid and cook for 80-90 minutes. The time depends on your barbeque so do check that the chicken juices run clear before taking it off the barbeque. Do turn the chicken half way through so it cooks evenly on all sides.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before carving it.
- Notes - If cooking in an oven then roast the chicken for 30- 35 minutes at fan-assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / gas 6.