This grilled steak with chilli and herb chimichurri and sweet potato fries are a great brirthday treat.
How do you celebrate the birthday of the biggest carnivore in town?
Of course you feed them a big old steak, some chilli and herb chimichurri and some rather lush baked sweet potato fries. Nothing but the best people, nothing but the best. I served this up for breakfast and supper and it went down a storm.
I normally balk at buying steak due to its cost, and would usually only splurge out on only a few occasions. But all this is changing thanks to the lovely folk at Iceland Foods. These guys get really luxurious steaks, freeze them fresh and make them available to us all year round at a very affordable price. I am talking £4 for a Gaucho rump steak as well as for a sirloin steak. Amazing ‘treat yourself every week’ prices right?
It is a common misconception that freezing meat changes its quality and texture. But that is not the case. The frozen steaks from Iceland Foods that I tried were just as good as anyother meats I have bought fresh from a supermarket counter.
I might have just filled up another drawer in my freezer with some of their rump steak, their rack of lamb and their surf and tuff beef fillets with king prawns in readiness for the uni reunion we will soon be hosting. Only the best for our carnivorous friends. The salt and pepper duck breast, well those are just for me.
Ps I have served different steaks with the sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and sweet potato mash also from Iceland and all these worked really really well. Pop into Iceland, grab some and try them yourself.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grill Steaked With Chimichurri! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grill Steaked With Chimichurri
- Remove steaks from the fridge half an hour before grilling and allow to come up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven and bake your sweet potato fires according to the packet instructions. Keep them in a warm place when done.
- To make the steaks preheat the grill to high.
- Brush both sides of the steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 3-4 mins on each side for medium.
- Let the steaks rest whilst you make the chimichurri
- Add all the chimichurri ingredients into the food processor and whiz into a saucy consistency.
- Serve the steaks with the sweet potato fried and chimichurri on the side.