It’s so easy to make this deliciously smoky chipotle aioli recipe! Just 4 everyday pantry ingredients and 5 minutes are all that’s needed to whip up this super versatile chipotle aioli sauce.
Suitable for gluten free and vegetarian diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
This 5 Minute Chipotle Aioli is a smoky yet creamy condiment with a little delicious boost, courtesy of chipotle. It is a simple recipe, made with a few pantry ingredients ready in 5 minutes with one bowl and a whisk – but the final result is truly magical.
And just like my 5 Minutes Pesto Aioli, Sriracha Aioli and Yum Yum Sauce, this delicious sauce and can be used in a million ways: as a dip for veggies and fries, as a wrap and sandwich spread, to top a burger, even as a salad dressing, and so much more.
What Is Aioli?
Aioli is a combination of mayonnaise, garlic, and olive oil. To this base, you can add loads of extras – like chipotle – to make a million different flavor combinations.
Loads of recipes start by making the mayonnaise from scratch. But to make life easier, this aioli recipe starts with your favorite olive oil based mayonnaise, to which we add flavorful chipotle. You will end up with a delicious dipping and spreading sauce with minimal effort.
Why Make This Recipe
- It is ready in 5 minutes.
- You can scale it up to feed a crowd.
- You can use it with a variety of proteins, veggies and salads – aka anything!
- Uses general pantry staple ingredients you already own.
- It is vegetarian and gluten-free.
Trust me when I say you’re going to want to have this awesome condiment in your fridge! So let’s get started on how to make the best easy dipping sauce recipe at home!
This needs only 5 everyday ingredients – yeap, it is really that easy!!!!
- Mayonnaise – start with your favorite olive oil based mayonnaise. This can be regular or light based on your preference.
- Chipotle peppers and adobo sauce – These are the sweet smoky chipotle peppers in adobo that you get in a can. Chop them up small and add a little bit at a time until you reach your desired heat level.
- Garlic – For the best flavor use freshly minced garlic.
- Lemon juice – You need to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. I have also used fresh lime juice for this.
- Salt – A sprinkle of salt completes this recipe.
How To Make Chipotle Aioli
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions in recipe card below.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Go easy on chipotle, start with less, taste, and add more until you reach desired heat level.
- Adjust salt and extra lemon juice if required.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until needed.
Recipe Tips And Delicious Variations
- Use a light mayonnaise if you want to cut back on calories.
- Go easy on the chipotle if the kids are having some.
- Use chipotle powder instead of canned peppers.
- Add citrus – with a pinch of lemon zest for some extra flavor in your chipotle aioli sauce.
- Add herbs – you can add in some freshly chopped cilantro or oregano.
- Add more heat – with some more chipotle, cayenne, and fresh chili.
- Swap for vegan mayo if you have vegan guests.
- Store– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Don’t Freeze – I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Yes – it tastes even better after a few hours once the flavor sets into the mayonnaise.
Depends on the amount of Chipotle Peppers you add in. Start with less and increase the amount to your taste.
- The most delicious French Fries or Air Fried Tater Tots you have ever tried.
- The juiciest Grilled Steak you will ever eat.
- Drizzled over these juicy Air Fryer Veggie Burgers, Air Fryer Burgers and Turkey Burgers.
- It goes great with Air Fryer Fried Rice or Instant Pot Fried Rice.
- Serve with crispy Green Beans, crispy Asparagus Fries and crispy Brussels Sprouts.
Other Quick Sauces And Dips
- Sriracha Aioli.
- Pesto Aioli.
- 5 Minute Bang Bang Sauce.
- 5 Minute Ginger Sauce.
- 5 Minute Yum Yum Sauce.
- 5 Minutes Lemon Butter Sauce.
- 5 Minutes Basil Pesto Sauce.
- 5 Minutes Honey Mustard Sauce.
- 5 Minutes Remoulade Sauce.
- 5 Minutes Ramps Pesto.
- 5 Really Easy Sauces.
Weight Watchers Points.
There are 7 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this delicious dipping sauce.
Get The Chipotle Aioli Recipe
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Chipotle Aioli! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 1 cup (239g) mayonnaise olive oil based
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 chipotle peppers chopped, from a can
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from the canned chipotle peppers
- salt to taste
- Place mayo, lemon juice, garlic, adobo, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Then add a little of the chopped chipotle peppers at a time, tasting and slowly mixing in more until you reach the desired heat level.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge until needed.
- Use light, reduced-fat mayonnaise if you want to cut back on calories.
- Go easy on the chipotle to make it less spicy if the kids are having some.
- Add in a pinch of lemon zest for some extra flavor.
- Swap the regular mayo for vegan mayo if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- There are 7 WW BluePlan SmartPoints in a serving of this.